Failing shock? Wasson here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failing shock? Wasson here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXQzNw9qXeM

Noticed it earlier when i put the wheel back on. Doesnt seem to be bending at the trailing arm as much as twisting, but then its supposed to go round like that to count for bumps no? I cant turn the adjuster on the shock either to see if it'll firm up Sad The wheel that side has always scrubbed the arch on my side.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Axle bearings are f*cked....
New axle time

Saying that dunno if its moving.that much
Bit odd. Is it lowered
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Take the shock off. See if there's a good amount of resistance in it.
Thanks given by:
Its not twisting side to side like nackered bearings though, its only moving the way they're supposed to :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Undo the shock bolt at the bottom and c what it's like when of may be shock
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Deffo no play in the tube to swing arm Tom?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2014, 09:11 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Deffo no play in the tube to swing arm Tom?

Doesnt look like theres any bud, looks like its just swinging up and down as its supposed to. But then i dont think they're supposed that much that easy :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
shocks set too soft?
Thanks given by:
Well that did occur to me but obviously the adjusters are stuck so i cant turn them and see what happens -.-
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
AVO's are not great, and that looks completely buggered, get a set of standard 306 or xsara dampers on it, make sure theyrte the big bodied ones, you'll find the same dampers on a 5 door 1.4 as a gti6.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2014, 07:11 AM)mikey b Wrote: Undo the shock bolt at the bottom and c what it's like when of may be shock

This. Disconnect the damper/shock from the arm. It'll point you in the right direction.

Have you tried dropping it to the floor, and jumping up and down on the rear? I'd imagine you'll find it hard to move the trailing arm up & down with just a tyre arm, particularly if those AVOs are set to hard. If you disconnect the shock, you might want to use a jack to pivot the arm. With the cars weight against it, you should get some movement....hopefully.

But, if there is rubbing then that's the tell-tale sign for worn bearings (camber /--\).

If it is buggered bearings, you'll want to sort it ASAP as 205 beam tubes are getting thin on the ground without paying top dollar. It's taken me a while to source a good one (I refuse to pay more than £100 for a frigging tube!).
Thanks given by:
I'd just get one machined on a lathe for me if it came to that...

That video was just one arm with that little cheap tyre bar thing and i could move it up probably an inch with ease to be honest.

So take the damper off and attempt to compress it by hand and see what happens?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2014, 12:06 PM)Tom Wrote: I'd just get one machined on a lathe for me if it came to that...

That video was just one arm with that little cheap tyre bar thing and i could move it up probably an inch with ease to be honest.

So take the damper off and attempt to compress it by hand and see what happens?

Basically, yes. Get the car on stands, disconnect the shock and try to lift the trailing arm/tyre up.
Thanks given by:
Its obviously going to be easier without the shock in the way or no different at all...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20140109_133951_zpspc31pnyp.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140109_133958_zpsj4g0injs.jpg]

They look pretty shot to me.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear shock bushes Tidoh2016 2 1,414 12-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Whats the difference with these shock kits? JTaylor2005 8 2,151 04-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  rear shock swap 306pc 2 1,227 18-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Last Post: 306pc