Rear drum leake

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear drum leake
Went outside this morning to drive to work and noticed that there was a massive puddle around my left wheel! Checked under the car and it was brake fluid dripping from the inside of my left drum. Checked under the bonnett and the res level had gone from max - danger.

Any ideas as im now stuck in london at my gf's with no breakdown cover

Scott
Thanks given by:
It'll be a leaky cylinder, you'll need a new one. Fortunately they cost f*ck all, but can be a bit of a bastard with seized lines and bolts and shit. Will probably need new shoes too as they will have become contaminated with fluid
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Cheers samass thought that might be the case! Funny things like this happened when ~I cut down the top of the res to fit my strutbrace in and filled it up with fluid the other day haha

Anyone want to come down and help me fix this?? haha as I have no tool with me. Will pay well Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2013, 09:57 AM)scottbmxer Wrote: Went outside this morning to drive to work and noticed that there was a massive puddle around my left wheel! Checked under the car and it was brake fluid dripping from the inside of my left drum. Checked under the bonnett and the res level had gone from max - danger.

Any ideas as im now stuck in london at my gf's with no breakdown cover

Scott
clamp of the flexy to that cylinder mini molegrip etc.. sorted
or worst case just drive steady cos u will still have one circuit and u have engine braking
Thanks given by:
I'd get you home that'll work ocome and help, but I'm in the process of moving house lol, sorry dude!

Actually,thats a sound idea, if you can clamp the flexibility to get you home that'll work. Obviously be careful lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
dunno if its worth me waiting for my mum as she has breakdown cover and insurance on my car so she could get it recovered! Still would need to fix this when I get home tho asap as its my daily runner. Maybe just run it to a local garage....

Any idea how much a small local garage would charge

(01-07-2013, 11:51 AM)samass Wrote: I'd get you home that'll work ocome and help, but I'm in the process of moving house lol, sorry dude!

Actually,thats a sound idea, if you can clamp the flexibility to get you home that'll work. Obviously be careful lol

Ah np mate! Cheers anyway
Thanks given by:
Local garage? Take some lube with you....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2013, 12:04 PM)Matt Wrote: Local garage? Take some lube with you....

lol if your lucky they might kiss u first
Thanks given by:
Haha your funny matt.
Thanks given by:
or the other option is if your rear beam has a brake compensator unhook it from the shock bracket and tie it so it shuts of brake pressure to the back end
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear drum / hub torque setting firemoth 4 1,011 19-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Rear Drum Bearing Thrust Washer Problem? Toms306 23 4,018 19-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Gti6 brakes on front, drum on rear MarkHam 5 1,844 13-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31