rear beam mounts recommendations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear beam mounts recommendations
hi all,
has this been covered in here?
looking for a good quality set for when I get the beam refurbed & fitted.
if you have supplier, part num, & apprx price that'd be ace!
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
febi and febi only lol
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 09:26 PM)Stef205 Wrote: febi and febi only lol

fank you! ThumbsUp
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I am also using febi beam mounts, the rear of the car felt excellent on a recent sprint day.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
where's the 'best place to shop'?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I find Misterauto the cheapest and delivers very quickly, bought loads from them recently.
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2016, 04:30 PM)MY95 Wrote: I find Misterauto the cheapest and delivers very quickly, bought loads from them recently.

thank you Smile
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
No idea where 'misterauto' appeared from but I've also used them and can't complain. Smile
Thanks given by:
I was the same. I had never heard of them but they were fantastic. In fact I shall also be getting more stuff from them including rear beam mounts. Their site also has good photos and descriptions of stuff which is nice.
Thanks given by:
found some reduced price febi's on fleabay so bought them. (aceparts_uk)
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Another vote for Febi - fitted some last year and they were spot on.
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2016, 08:47 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: found some reduced price febi's on fleabay so bought them. (aceparts_uk)

That could well have been who mine were from off the bay of E. They feel very nice along with a rebuilt rear axle.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2016, 06:39 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 08:47 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: found some reduced price febi's on fleabay so bought them. (aceparts_uk)

That could well have been who mine were from off the bay of E. They feel very nice along with a rebuilt rear axle.

am having to move to 'plan-b' asap.
sand-blasted used beam (informed it was good) repainted with spray hammer, & fitted in time for end of month hols. Phew
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
The axle is easy enough to swap, a couple of things that will hold you up if you are not prepared:

You can either disconnect the calipers and then reconnect them, or it is possible to remove the rear beam without disconnecting the rear brake lines from the caliper, but difficult to get the beam out between the lines. If you do disconnect them, unions can be difficult to undo, lines can twist etc. so make sure you are able to deal with this if it happens.

The beam mounts through the floor require a deep 16mm socket, which is an uncommon size and not in a lot of socket sets, so check that you have one beforehand. If you need one and can't find one in a shop eh. Halfords, a 16mm spark plug socket is an option.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2016, 08:45 PM)RetroPug Wrote: The axle is easy enough to swap, a couple of things that will hold you up if you are not prepared:

You can either disconnect the calipers and then reconnect them, or it is possible to remove the rear beam without disconnecting the rear brake lines from the caliper, but difficult to get the beam out between the lines. If you do disconnect them, unions can be difficult to undo, lines can twist etc. so make sure you are able to deal with this if it happens.

The beam mounts through the floor require a deep 16mm socket, which is an uncommon size and not in a lot of socket sets, so check that you have one beforehand. If you need one and can't find one in a shop eh. Halfords, a 16mm spark plug socket is an option.

cheers, but i'll speak to a 'man that can' Itwasntme
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I suppose making someone else do it is being fairly well prepared. lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
16mm deep socket is in most sets - it's the same as the spark plug size

Edit: read all that post doh
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2016, 11:33 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I suppose making someone else do it is being fairly well prepared. lmao

man that can has more tools, space, and practice than I can throw hot tea at Big Grin
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
ECP do Febi reasonably cheaply, especially with discounts..
Thanks given by:
most non budget brands will be fine, using o.e on my car though.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
is ti work a quick flash of rattle-can b4 fitting?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 09:19 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: hi all,
has this been covered in here?
looking for a good quality set for when I get the beam refurbed & fitted.
if you have supplier, part num, & apprx price that'd be ace!

How much are you paying for the beam to be refurbished? If you don't mind me asking?
Thanks given by:
I got some Febi ones from Aceparts_uk on Ebay

.pdf   DocScreen1.pdf (Size: 203.68 KB / Downloads: 8)
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,737 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,454 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,843 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK