306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
rear beam mounts recommendations - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Suspension, Transmission, Handling & Braking (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: rear beam mounts recommendations (/showthread.php?tid=34412)

rear beam mounts recommendations - Magenta Sunset - 24-06-2016

hi all,
has this been covered in here?
looking for a good quality set for when I get the beam refurbed & fitted.
if you have supplier, part num, & apprx price that'd be ace!

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Stef205 - 24-06-2016

febi and febi only lol

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Magenta Sunset - 24-06-2016

(24-06-2016, 09:26 PM)Stef205 Wrote: febi and febi only lol

fank you! ThumbsUp

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - RetroPug - 25-06-2016

I am also using febi beam mounts, the rear of the car felt excellent on a recent sprint day.

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Magenta Sunset - 25-06-2016

where's the 'best place to shop'?

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - MY95 - 25-06-2016

I find Misterauto the cheapest and delivers very quickly, bought loads from them recently.

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Magenta Sunset - 25-06-2016

(25-06-2016, 04:30 PM)MY95 Wrote: I find Misterauto the cheapest and delivers very quickly, bought loads from them recently.

thank you Smile

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Toms306 - 25-06-2016

No idea where 'misterauto' appeared from but I've also used them and can't complain. Smile

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - JTaylor2005 - 01-07-2016

I was the same. I had never heard of them but they were fantastic. In fact I shall also be getting more stuff from them including rear beam mounts. Their site also has good photos and descriptions of stuff which is nice.

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Magenta Sunset - 02-07-2016

found some reduced price febi's on fleabay so bought them. (aceparts_uk)

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Tom85 - 02-07-2016

Another vote for Febi - fitted some last year and they were spot on.

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - RetroPug - 02-07-2016

(02-07-2016, 08:47 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: found some reduced price febi's on fleabay so bought them. (aceparts_uk)

That could well have been who mine were from off the bay of E. They feel very nice along with a rebuilt rear axle.

(02-07-2016, 06:39 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 08:47 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: found some reduced price febi's on fleabay so bought them. (aceparts_uk)

That could well have been who mine were from off the bay of E. They feel very nice along with a rebuilt rear axle.

am having to move to 'plan-b' asap.
sand-blasted used beam (informed it was good) repainted with spray hammer, & fitted in time for end of month hols. Phew

The axle is easy enough to swap, a couple of things that will hold you up if you are not prepared:

You can either disconnect the calipers and then reconnect them, or it is possible to remove the rear beam without disconnecting the rear brake lines from the caliper, but difficult to get the beam out between the lines. If you do disconnect them, unions can be difficult to undo, lines can twist etc. so make sure you are able to deal with this if it happens.

The beam mounts through the floor require a deep 16mm socket, which is an uncommon size and not in a lot of socket sets, so check that you have one beforehand. If you need one and can't find one in a shop eh. Halfords, a 16mm spark plug socket is an option.

(02-07-2016, 08:45 PM)RetroPug Wrote: The axle is easy enough to swap, a couple of things that will hold you up if you are not prepared:

You can either disconnect the calipers and then reconnect them, or it is possible to remove the rear beam without disconnecting the rear brake lines from the caliper, but difficult to get the beam out between the lines. If you do disconnect them, unions can be difficult to undo, lines can twist etc. so make sure you are able to deal with this if it happens.

The beam mounts through the floor require a deep 16mm socket, which is an uncommon size and not in a lot of socket sets, so check that you have one beforehand. If you need one and can't find one in a shop eh. Halfords, a 16mm spark plug socket is an option.

cheers, but i'll speak to a 'man that can' Itwasntme

I suppose making someone else do it is being fairly well prepared. lmao

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - adam b - 03-07-2016

16mm deep socket is in most sets - it's the same as the spark plug size

Edit: read all that post doh

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Magenta Sunset - 03-07-2016

(02-07-2016, 11:33 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I suppose making someone else do it is being fairly well prepared. lmao

man that can has more tools, space, and practice than I can throw hot tea at Big Grin

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Toseland's Ghost - 05-07-2016

ECP do Febi reasonably cheaply, especially with discounts..

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - welshpug - 05-07-2016

most non budget brands will be fine, using o.e on my car though.

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Magenta Sunset - 07-07-2016

is ti work a quick flash of rattle-can b4 fitting?

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - MattDanPug - 20-09-2016

(24-06-2016, 09:19 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: hi all,
has this been covered in here?
looking for a good quality set for when I get the beam refurbed & fitted.
if you have supplier, part num, & apprx price that'd be ace!

How much are you paying for the beam to be refurbished? If you don't mind me asking?

RE: rear beam mounts recommendations - Magenta Sunset - 20-09-2016

I got some Febi ones from Aceparts_uk on Ebay

.pdf   DocScreen1.pdf (Size: 203.68 KB / Downloads: 12)