Dipped beam not working

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dipped beam not working
Have finally wired up the lights from the gti, Depo masks with 6K HID's that were working 100% on the gti. Now on the estate, the sidelights come on, the full beams come on, indicators work fine. Just the dipped beam doesn't come on. Rear lights come on fine though and the dash light comes on to indicate they're working.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What lights were on the 'state? just wondering if the stalk wants swapping over as I can't remember the effect that has when its wrong.....
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Checked the dipped beam relay and fuses in the engine bay fuse box?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Checked the dipped beam relay and fuses in the engine bay fuse box?

could well be a fuse. I remember my high beams stopped working and i replaced the bulbs... no difference... turned out to be a fuse! :nope:
Thanks given by:
Passenger side wing should be a shot gun cartridge looking canister controls dipped beam function could be that although may be different on phase 2 or 3 but I do know my phase 1 and early phase 2 had them. Left mine unplugged once completely forgot and bought new bulbs thinking they had blown!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Sure it's not the DIP/DIM relay + resistor fecking your HID's up?
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Sure Phil, had the dim dip on the phase 1 and it worked fine, just the sidelights didn't work properly. Not had chance to check relays so will have a look.

Car is a T reg so not really early phase 2
Thanks given by:
Had a look again, swapped the stalk over to the one from the gti and still no luck. Just noticed only one sidelight bulb comes on too.

Which is the dipped beam relay in the 'bay?

All fuses are ok too btw
Thanks given by:
I'm having a similar problem to this. Had HID's in since I got the car, then 2 days ago one went out! I've changed left to right and the drivers side one works sometimes. Pass side one is ok. The DR side one can be on, then start engine and it goes out! Wondering if it is earth or Relay.... Confusedad:
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Checked all fuses also......
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question No Dipped/Low beam not working silestanix 1 924 26-07-2015, 02:23 AM
Last Post: silestanix
  Low beam Not working joshh101 0 801 08-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Last Post: joshh101
  1 dipped beam working other side not??!!?? isn't the bulb DERVBUS 5 2,250 11-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Last Post: cully