Electric mirrors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric mirrors
Hi guys, I'm going to upgrade my Pugs mirrors to electric from manual. I was pretty certain I had the wiring in the doors already but it appears I don't Sad Can I just grab a door loom from the scrappys, plug it in and expect it to work or would the car loom need changing?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
In a ph2 or 3, yes. Not Too sure about the ph1 though.
Easiest way to check, unplug the door looms and see if there is more pins on the car side plug than there is on the door side plug
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Had the door cards off earlier and the mirrors out and noticed that there is a connector behind the mirror but nothing down to the door pockets. Connector looked like a 2 pin but the electric mirrors look to have a bigger connector, what would this be for?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Tweeters probably
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Something useful on my manual mirrored pug then lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
The plug will be for heated mirrors.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hi!

i've got problem! i hope U can help me. (i'm from Hungary.)
i got a (mirror & window) switch from a right sided car, but my car is a left handed or sided or what .. ninja
so i want to fix it, but the places of cables in the connector is not same.

help me please, how can i change my cables (like yours). send me, anything (a photo, a wiring diagram...), to know that which cables are which place to going...
sorry for my english :oops:

thanx!
Thanks given by:
er... wouldnt it be easier to get the mirror and window switch from a left hand drive car instead of swapping the entire loom?
Thanks given by:
Skoob The loom you had off me was from a xsi with elec mirrors plug the loom in and connect a elec mirror to the plug and try it if it works you will then know you have the wireing in the car Big Grin

Thanks given by:
SRowell @ it would be easier, but i've got it now... :roll: ohhh! only the swich from an right hand drive car, any other stuff (cable, loom..) is a left hand drive car's

Donator @ ??? do it, but i must have to change the cables, cos not the same cable going to the same place... so if somebody show me, how your's looks like, i can change the cables, and it will be workin, i think Hmm lol

Nobody??? :nope: :roll:
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting electric wing mirrors clarkey2010 2 1,106 10-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Last Post: clarkey2010
Question Electric mirrors . . Talk to me (voice of Terry Tibbs) Mattcheese31 9 3,350 11-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Manual Mirrors > Electric londondan86 8 2,582 26-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Last Post: ash240970