Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Big oil leak
#1
So put exhaust and finished off fitting FMIC today and thought it was going great!

Looked at the side of the car and its pissing oil like mad when I rev it! My thoughts are it could be the oil feed line to turbo and it might of cracked but no sure at the moment. As I had to clean up lots of oil!!!!

If it is the oil feed, where is the best place to get one from? I tried the code on service box for the part but I can't find it at the moment. Gonna keep searching for it.
#2
(21-04-2014, 05:20 PM)MarkTD Wrote: So put exhaust and finished off fitting FMIC today and thought it was going great!

Looked at the side of the car and its pissing oil like mad when I rev it! My thoughts are it could be the oil feed line to turbo and it might of cracked but no sure at the moment. As I had to clean up lots of oil!!!!

If it is the oil feed, where is the best place to get one from? I tried the code on service box for the part but I can't find it at the moment. Gonna keep searching for it.

I'm guessing a hydraulics shop would be the best place for a new pipe
#3
its either a crack in the oil feed line, or the rubber seal in the union nut has worn and isnt holding a seal hence oil pissing out. happened to me when i changed my turbo. so first i would check the little o ring seal first before buying a new feed line. if not then you can get a flexi hose made up for around £30 i think,
thats if it is the oil feed, get under the car and clean up the oil and try and figure out where its actually coming from first.
#4
Turns out the return line had come off. It's fixed now Big Grin


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak of Pipe Air Leak PaddyPug 5 5,655 18-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Last Post: PaddyPug

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)