Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
lights dipping, power loss
#1
Wondering if anyone has had this problem before. When driving along at night every now and then my headlights dip for a split second, its been doing it for a while but has recently got slightly worse. I've always suspected maybe bad earth somewhere or the fact that my battery terminals aren't as tight as I would like them. Within the last couple of days however I get an intermittent power loss, only for a split second but its enough to feel it, and I'm pretty sure my lights dip at the same time.

Anyone have any ideas/experience with a similar problem?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#2
Are the battery terminals easily dislodged? If so, that's probably your culprit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#3
It could probably get the negative terminal off without loosening the bolt yeah.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#4
There ya go then

Just run along all the cables checkin each connection
Wishes for more power...
#5
(22-12-2013, 10:05 PM)Ricky Wrote: Wondering if anyone has had this problem before. When driving along at night every now and then my headlights dip for a split second, its been doing it for a while but has recently got slightly worse. I've always suspected maybe bad earth somewhere or the fact that my battery terminals aren't as tight as I would like them. Within the last couple of days however I get an intermittent power loss, only for a split second but its enough to feel it, and I'm pretty sure my lights dip at the same time.

Anyone have any ideas/experience with a similar problem?

Hi. I have had the same problem. In my case it was the battery terminals. I had to insert metal spacers round posts and hey presto it cured it. I have since had other problem with earth point corroded and starter lead connection come loose. Cleaned and tightened both,seems to of cured it for now.
#6
Hmm. May have to go check my battery, I'd put it down to puddles making the aux belt slip. But being lazy I hadn't yet tensioned it up
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#7
I'm going to get new battery terminals because the negative won't go any tighter and the positive is a horrible quick release type.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#8
My hdi did this was due to a bad battery.. The car would normally start fine but in cold weather the battery would be flat and unable to start it


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent Loss of Power Alan_M 2 4,742 17-02-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Charlie0
  Loss of power steering etc mattbarker32 5 3,716 10-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  occasional momentery loss of power pug306driver 11 6,638 16-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Last Post: steve1001

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)