Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Winter wheels - paint time... Wild colour?
#1
My wheels are long overdue coming off really... I've got my old sport alloys to whack on which are currently Anthracite (read: boring), so what stoopid colour shall I go for?

I'm not doing it to look good really, just because I can... I'm thinking, bright orange or green, possibly purple but I think that's too close to the colour of the car.

These are the wheels in question:

[Image: Photo338.jpg]

'shops welcome Tongue

Cheers
#2
Neon Blue


actually f*ck it.



Do them GITD!!!
#3
As above glow in the dark!!!!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#4
Done deal then.


Ive got a can of GITD if you want to make a start.
#5
ive got a pot of chalkboard paint left, then you can colour them in whatever colour you feel like
or even odd colours or even patterns!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#6
Hmmm, GITD could be pretty funky... Is it a colour itself Chris or is it like a clear coat (with a tint)?

How much you after? Big Grin
#7
its kinda a creamy green colour when not glowing Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#8
Bright Purple, neon yellow, neon pink, neon green, one for each wheel................Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#9
Curt Wrote:Hmmm, GITD could be pretty funky... Is it a colour itself Chris or is it like a clear coat (with a tint)?

How much you after? Big Grin

Curt as your a fellow staffer you can have it if you come and get it (its a spray can so i cant post it)

Its kinda jizz coloured when its not glowing like a creamy, off white with a hint of yellow and green.

It goes on thick enough that itll cover over dark wheels with a couple of coats so wont need a light primer or anything silly like that.
#10
pink!!!!!pink!!!
pink
#11
mark_airey Wrote:Bright Purple, neon yellow, neon pink, neon green, one for each wheel................Big Grin

That's also a possibility Big Grin. Although neon colours could be quite cool... Neon orange or pink all round maybe? I'm being a cheapskate and hoping to do them all with a couple of cans lol

Edit: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165495

Dum-Dum Wrote:
Curt Wrote:Hmmm, GITD could be pretty funky... Is it a colour itself Chris or is it like a clear coat (with a tint)?

How much you after? Big Grin

Curt as your a fellow staffer you can have it if you come and get it (its a spray can so i cant post it)

Its kinda jizz coloured when its not glowing like a creamy, off white with a hint of yellow and green.

It goes on thick enough that itll cover over dark wheels with a couple of coats so wont need a light primer or anything silly like that.

Haha why thank you Big Grin. I'll have a think, although I like the idea, I want something that looks a bit more lairy during the day too...

Wish they did a sort of lacquer, but now I think about it, it needs to be like that to create the glow.
#12
Do them all different colours
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#13
The above may have to happen tomorrow
#14
Curt Wrote:The above may have to happen tomorrow

:clap:
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#15
Dum you need to see a doctor if your jizz is a creamy off white, greeny colour that glows in the dark!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#16
mark_airey Wrote:
Curt Wrote:The above may have to happen tomorrow

:clap:

Big Grin

May also attack it with an angle grinder, and get more lows on the go
#17
Curt Wrote:Big Grin

May also attack it with an angle grinder, and get more lows on the go

I like where this is going Smile ...............
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#18
Multi coloured ftw! There's a silver passat near where I live like it and it also pretty low! Go for it!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#19
paint the wheels magnolia. infack mag the whole car. then gloss the tyers. think that would look smart. and you get the smell of fresh paint. everyone loves the smell of fresh paint.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What colour would you paint your block? pugtk 21 9,501 02-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Meguiars Winter Paint Restoration Kit DeeTurbo 11 5,468 10-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Last Post: padge
  What colour to paint the block???? londondan86 26 12,372 08-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Last Post: C.A.R.

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)