306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Bottom aux belt pulley removal - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: XU Petrol Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Bottom aux belt pulley removal (/showthread.php?tid=18166)

Bottom aux belt pulley removal - callumcull - 19-10-2013

Anyone got any tips for removing this given my recent situation with my cam pulleys... I tried removing it off the other day but it's not budging. I don't have any air tools, so it's pretty tricky.

It's a GTi6

RE: Bottom aux belt pulley removal - Frosty - 19-10-2013

I maybe wrong but get someone to put it in gear and foot brake on and try to undone it. I always use a impact gun so don't have any problem Smile

RE: Bottom aux belt pulley removal - Tom - 19-10-2013

With wheel bolts in the hubs aswell otherwise you could break off the locating screw for the the disc lol

RE: Bottom aux belt pulley removal - Jimbo - 19-10-2013

(19-10-2013, 10:44 PM)Tom Wrote: With wheel bolts in the hubs aswell otherwise you could break off the locating screw for the the disc lol

Yes I did this
(even though I knew about it I just forgot) haa

RE: Bottom aux belt pulley removal - Niall - 20-10-2013

locking pin in place, breaker bar and a 22mm socket. Done. They are bloody tight. I think they are 220nm?

Bottom aux belt pulley removal - callumcull - 20-10-2013

(20-10-2013, 09:27 AM)Niall Wrote: locking pin in place, breaker bar and a 22mm socket. Done. They are bloody tight. I think they are 220nm?

Can't use the locking pins as the inlet pulley is snapped Wink

RE: Bottom aux belt pulley removal - Jimbo - 20-10-2013

Correct me if im wrong but I think he means lock the flywheel.
Anyhow I wouldnt do it like that could damage the ring gear on flywheel. Or if the pin snaps you'll be taking the gearbox off to find the pieces

On the aux belt pulley is a hole and at about 12 oclock is a locking hole. Bang a 8mm(?) drill bit in there and undo it. Dont need a belt on at all.

RE: Bottom aux belt pulley removal - Jimbo - 20-10-2013

Ahh right. Thought u ment lock the flywheel through hole in side of block

(20-10-2013, 10:39 AM)Niall Wrote: On the aux belt pulley is a hole and at about 12 oclock is a locking hole. Bang a 8mm(?) drill bit in there and undo it. Dont need a belt on at all.

Legend. I'll have a gander at it tomorrow, if that comes undone, off comes the head and I can start rebuilding it and I'll have the 6 back Big Grin

RE: Bottom aux belt pulley removal - cully - 20-10-2013

i wouldnt use the pin to undo the bolt as you risk delaminating the pulley
which will feck you up when you come to retime the engine as that is the only crank lock point

i would tend to use the teeth on the flywheel to lock the crank

Bottom aux belt pulley removal - devils_fuel - 20-10-2013

(20-10-2013, 10:54 AM)cully Wrote: i would tend to use the teeth on the flywheel to lock the crank

+1

(20-10-2013, 10:54 AM)cully Wrote: i wouldnt use the pin to undo the bolt as you risk delaminating the pulley
which will feck you up when you come to retime the engine as that is the only crank lock point

How to you lock the crank with the flywheel? Does it involve dropping the gearbox off?

(20-10-2013, 02:44 PM)callumcull Wrote:
(20-10-2013, 10:54 AM)cully Wrote: i wouldnt use the pin to undo the bolt as you risk delaminating the pulley

How to you lock the crank with the flywheel? Does it involve dropping the gearbox off?

No there is an inspection cover in the top of the gear box directly above the fly wheel which is ideal for sticking a prybar in, get a mate to hold that whilst you undo the crank pulley.

Thanks Niall, I'll try that tomorrow when I can get hold of a breaker bar.

Bottom aux belt pulley removal - callumcull - 21-10-2013

I got the pulley off by locking the flywheel. I tried with someone sat in the car and foot on brakes, but there was too much give. The flywheel method kept it solid!

Thanks lads Wink

RE: Bottom aux belt pulley removal - Piggy - 21-10-2013

breaker bar...jammed in ground.
then use starter!!

make sure fuel switch deactivated/coil pack off