306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Suspension, Transmission, Handling & Braking (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking (/showthread.php?tid=11654)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - CJ_Derv - 07-03-2013

Stop filling JP's thread full of shite you two Smile

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - jammapic - 07-03-2013

Right, balljoint replaced, noise still persists... grrr.

Guess I'll have to take the wishbone right out tomorrow and have a look there.

JP

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - darrenjlobb - 07-03-2013

Dosnt sound suspension related to me, more chassis / subframe /engine line. something is shunting forth and aft but is fairly tight

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - Willo - 08-03-2013

Have you checked the gearbox or engine mounts

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - jammapic - 08-03-2013

I have checked the engine mounts yes, though I didn't think it was them as it'd also clunk once when braking with the clutch in (no reverse torque on engine).

Darren, I've checked the subframe, all tight - I'm starting to run out of things to tighten... Bloody car.

JP

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - Ed Doe - 08-03-2013

Let me know when you've figured out what this is so I can fix the same fecking problem with mine. It's absolutely doing my head in!

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - declantg - 08-03-2013

Are you sure its not your turbo whacking the bulkhead on acceleration?

/troll

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - jammapic - 08-03-2013

Fixed.

Took total wishbone setup both sides totally apart and put it back together again. No idea what it was!

JP

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - Piggy - 08-03-2013

ahhhh....love it when its fixed...pure joy.

well done.

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - cwspellowe - 08-03-2013

(08-03-2013, 10:52 PM)jammapic Wrote: Fixed.

Took total wishbone setup both sides totally apart and put it back together again. No idea what it was!

JP

ninja

Admit it.. i was right

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - jammapic - 09-03-2013

Well I didn't replace anything... just took it all to bits to inspect.

RE: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - daddyfixit - 17-03-2013

mines had same noises since i got it 3 years ago;
i got used to the odd noises whenever i was in traffic going to/from work, but recently it started to twitch going around corners at low speeds ? its had 3 mot tests and i have had a crowbar on rear bushes but they seemed ok. i had no work on yesterday so spent a day on my own car for a change---- i fitted 2 new rear p-bushes and its a different car !! no more clonking when rocking steering wheel (i was convinced noise was in the rack) and no more clunks when tapping the brake pedal and it steers properly now. just got to get it in work onto 4 wheel aligner to make sure alls well.

Re: 1 clunk when accelerating, and 1 when braking - floz123 - 25-03-2013

I had some loud clonking noises on mine everytime I went on or off the loud pedal. It turned out to be the offside engine mount had cracked on the body itself and was allowing the whole engine/ mount to shift and move about. Stripped it all apart and welded it back together with reinforcements ;-)