306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: (/showthread.php?tid=11380)

Pages: 1 2

Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - Eeyore - 26-02-2013

Well it finally happened today! I ran out of fuel for the first time! Had been going to uni for the past two days on the red light and finally it cut out! No signs before it did though. No coughing or spluttering just a split second and it cut out.

For anyone who doesnt know its a hdi estate and I got 540miles from a full tank. probably got about 50 miles after the light came on!

Luckily it cut out as I was turning into tesco which has the diesel station I go to. So i coasted for about 40m into the queue and then my mate pushed me the last 10m to the pump!

I left the keys in the ignition on the first turn just to let it prime all the fuel back through and then when I got in after paying it started first time! No airlock! winning! Big Grin

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - Scott - 26-02-2013

I'm surprised about your MPG there, have you just been driving around town?

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - Toms306 - 26-02-2013

HDi mpg is terrible tbh. Dodgy Mines just rinsed £40 of diesel in 4 days, I'd be better off with a '6! Rolleyes

I've come close to running out a few times, about 35/40 miles on the red light before having to give in and fill up again lol.

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - ozonehostile - 26-02-2013

lucky with the first start dude, ran out of diesel in the 405, massive ballache bleeding the system in the snow at 3am

(26-02-2013, 08:40 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: lucky with the first start dude, ran out of diesel in the 405, massive ballache bleeding the system in the snow at 3am

And people moan about common rails and lift pumps.... lol

I've never bled a common rail tbh, done several fuel filter changes and they just prime themselves lol, easy as. Wink

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - Eeyore - 26-02-2013

(26-02-2013, 08:37 PM)Scott Wrote: I'm surprised about your MPG there, have you just been driving around town?

yeh it normally takes 30minutes to do 5 miles! Baring in mind ive done that most days of the week!

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - Scott - 26-02-2013

(26-02-2013, 08:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Mines just rinsed £40 of diesel in 4 days, I'd be better off with a '6!
Since that makes sense.

HDi MPG is epic. Vaughan's/my HDi estate had at least 2 people in it, a rear beam, 3 tool kits, 2 jacks (and various other bits) for 600 miles of mixed driving, and didn't even use a full tank. It would have been at least 2 tanks in the 6.

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - Niall - 26-02-2013

(26-02-2013, 08:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: HDi mpg is terrible tbh. Dodgy Mines just rinsed £40 of diesel in 4 days, I'd be better off with a '6! Rolleyes

I've come close to running out a few times, about 35/40 miles on the red light before having to give in and fill up again lol.

Tom im going to start deleting every one of you HDi MPG bitching posts. Your like a broken record!

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - puglove - 26-02-2013

NUMPTY

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - ozonehostile - 26-02-2013

(26-02-2013, 08:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 08:40 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: lucky with the first start dude, ran out of diesel in the 405, massive ballache bleeding the system in the snow at 3am

And people moan about common rails and lift pumps.... lol

I've never bled a common rail tbh, done several fuel filter changes and they just prime themselves lol, easy as. Wink

importantly though ive only ran out of derv once, not too keen to repeat the experience haha

(26-02-2013, 08:42 PM)Niall Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 08:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: HDi mpg is terrible tbh. Dodgy Mines just rinsed £40 of diesel in 4 days, I'd be better off with a '6! Rolleyes

Tom im going to start deleting every one of you HDi MPG bitching posts. Your like a broken record!

But thats becuase its terrible!! At literally everything!!

It was £40 and ~280 miles, thats not even 45mpg! From a slow old 120bhp estate. Had enough now, it's going soon though you'll be pleased to know. lol Hate to say it but I'm gonna have to go VAG again I think. Sad

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - vlj - 26-02-2013

(26-02-2013, 08:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

It was £40 and ~280 miles, thats not even 45mpg! From a slow old 120bhp estate. Had enough now, it's going soon though you'll be pleased to know. lol Hate to say it but I'm gonna have to go VAG again I think. Sad

I seriously don't even know how. So at the weekend, I had the car fully loaded at all times with heavy things, and on one 40 quid fill up got 355 miles and on a 30 quid fill up got 271. By heavy stuff I'm talking rear beam, few toolkits, jacks, axle stands etc

(26-02-2013, 09:02 PM)vlj Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 08:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

I seriously don't even know how. So at the weekend, I had the car fully loaded at all times with heavy things, and on one 40 quid fill up got 355 miles and on a 30 quid fill up got 271. By heavy stuff I'm talking rear beam, few toolkits, jacks, axle stands etc

Tom wont accept the fact that though that his is clearly broken but he refuses to do anything about it. Just wants to whinge instead!

Tom i swear if i could ban you i would

oh wait Big Grin

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - HDIkyle - 26-02-2013

I find the HDI is great to start once you have run out of fuel. I did about 30metres downhill from the garage. Give it afew goes to start but not even a splutter. Got some diesel in and it started straight away not even a hickup. They cut the pump off when the pressure drops so even tho theres fuel there it wont try to fire and suck air in. Self bleeding as such

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - samass - 26-02-2013

I've lost count at the numbers of times I've ran out of fuel, I play fuel light roulette too much

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - maxlee - 26-02-2013

(26-02-2013, 09:28 PM)sammykins Wrote: I play fuel light roulette too much

fuel light roulette ftw makes going to work that little bit more interesting lol

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - Poodle - 26-02-2013

(26-02-2013, 09:05 PM)Niall Wrote: Tom wont accept the fact that though that his is clearly broken but he refuses to do anything about it. Just wants to whinge instead!

oh wait Big Grin

Oh please say you did?? I've really been trying to ignore all his bleating the last few days, i've been so good, i don't even think i've shouted at the screen once!

(26-02-2013, 10:48 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 09:05 PM)Niall Wrote: Tom wont accept the fact that though that his is clearly broken but he refuses to do anything about it. Just wants to whinge instead!

oh wait Big Grin

Oh please say you did?? I've really been trying to ignore all his bleating the last few days, i've been so good, i don't even think i've shouted at the screen once!

sorry but no. The big bad ginger man will have a go at me if i do!

(26-02-2013, 09:05 PM)Niall Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 09:02 PM)vlj Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 08:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: But thats becuase its terrible!! At literally everything!!

Tom wont accept the fact that though that his is clearly broken but he refuses to do anything about it. Just wants to whinge instead!

oh wait Big Grin

It has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact my exhaust fell off, the tps can't organise a piss up in a brewery, the maf isn't sure what air is, the rear caliper appears to be made of toffee, both front wheel bearings are now groaning and are hot enough to melt fingers, the clutch resembles a banana skin.....and I've been doing lots of short, fast journeys heavy laden (and I'm talking bits of furniture lol, not a nice light beam and toolkit!).

Nothing at all to affect mpg there. lol

And tbh I wouldn't blame you for banning me, I can't stop being a trolling lady garden lately for some reason. Confused

warned. you have 3 more attempts. try me!

Ah shit, clearly not. Sad

Haha at least you're not deluding yourself Tom. Wink

Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - vlj - 26-02-2013

(26-02-2013, 10:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 09:05 PM)Niall Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 09:02 PM)vlj Wrote: I seriously don't even know how. So at the weekend, I had the car fully loaded at all times with heavy things, and on one 40 quid fill up got 355 miles and on a 30 quid fill up got 271. By heavy stuff I'm talking rear beam, few toolkits, jacks, axle stands etc

oh wait Big Grin

It has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact my exhaust fell off, the tps can't organise a piss up in a brewery, the maf isn't sure what air is, the rear caliper appears to be made of toffee, both front wheel bearings are now groaning and are hot enough to melt fingers, the clutch resembles a banana skin.....and I've been doing lots of short, fast journeys heavy laden (and I'm talking bits of furniture lol, not a nice light beam and toolkit!).

Nothing at all to affect mpg there. lol

And tbh I wouldn't blame you for banning me, I can't stop being a trolling lady garden lately for some reason. Confused

But then you can't complain about mpg given those factors, that's like me saying OMG my 6 is so down on power, BUT O WAIT IM RUNNING SQAURE WHEELS

Only a warning...man up niall.

This!

Oh no my 6 is only averaging 16mpg. Oh that might have something to do with the fact im driving it everywhere flat out but its shit because its not making 90mpg

(26-02-2013, 10:55 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Only a warning...man up niall.

im in a good mood. carry on and you may get a ban!

Rofl @ Tom.

And to be fair to the guy, i read more than a bit of sarcasm in that post.

Think I better leave for tonight lol. I'm even annoying myself! Dodgy

And yes, for the record, the above post was sarcasm, I'm not expecting epic mpg while the cars literally falling apart at the seams.

Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - Seb_Ryan - 26-02-2013

Might be a good idea to fix it Tom! Lol or get another golf - seeing as you hate 306's so much but still come back to them lol

Golfs are wank overpriced pieces of shite. I'd have another if they were sensibly priced, seeingg as I know how to fix everything on them after stripping mine, and I know they're fast and economical....but they're just so overpriced for what they are.

As for 306s, I have an awful habit of choosing familiar things...even if I don't like them. Comforting I guess? I still buy pizza, and every time wonder why I ate it as I don't really like it, and lemon cakes always make me feel ill, I don't even really like them, yet for some reason I still buy and eat them..same with cars, I just get into habits which I can't seem to break (like trolling the forum) and I'm genuinely being serious, it really does my head in, but its like Im obsessively compelled to do these things for some reason! Dodgy

Truth is I need rid if the HDi (mot in march!) But I'm scared to buy another car as i KNOW whatever I get will be shit and broken and another waste of money. So don't really know what to do..Might just not bother with driving, wish id never learned tbh, turned out to just be a money pit ever since.

Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - Seb_Ryan - 27-02-2013

Tbh just fix yours, that way you know it's ok, my engine (been in 2 pugs) has done 380k and well over 100 with 25+psi lol, just look after them

RE: Ran out of fuel for the first time D: - bingham123456 - 27-02-2013

Dont see why you lot are whineing bout only gettin 30mpg...... Thats imposible to get in my missus car we get about 25mpg at the very most. Its a 1.8 petrol auto and omg its shit

You guys make me laugh when i see "i only get 30-35mpg"