Veg-covered!? How to clean off?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veg-covered!? How to clean off?
Ruan knows too much. Sleepy

Glad you managed to get the crude of the car. Personally I don't rate GUNK all that highly though I still use it. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
perception of 2-3mm not quite right though lol .... thats like 200 micron....

as said, sort your timing out abit.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2012, 02:22 PM)Dave Wrote: as said, sort your timing out abit.

..advance by how much would you suggest? Trying to find anything online and theres not a lot of information on low peak temps and glyceron issues Dodgy
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2012, 03:01 PM)ginge191 Wrote:

..advance by how much would you suggest? Trying to find anything online and theres not a lot of information on low peak temps and glyceron issues Dodgy

Just advance it a bit at a time, if it knocks like f*ck you have gone to far and you just need to go back a little, I would set it bordering "sounding like a freight train" and it'll be fine Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2012, 09:26 PM)mark_airey Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 03:01 PM)ginge191 Wrote:

Just advance it a bit at a time, if it knocks like f*ck you have gone to far and you just need to go back a little, I would set it bordering "sounding like a freight train" and it'll be fine Smile

I've never advanced before (giggedy), so it's backwards to advance, forwards to retard..?

and can be done whilst still running Huh
Thanks given by:
yeah back to advance.

And yes, it can.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
giggedy giggedy goo
Thanks given by:
You can do it running but the belt will pull the pump around, IMO its best to do it with the car off and then start the car to test and repeat, but yeah, top of pump towards engine is advance, away from engine is retard, 2-3mm at a time is what i normally do Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2012, 09:43 PM)mark_airey Wrote: 2-3mm at a time is what i normally do Smile

..easiest way to measure?? chalk where it starts on the bracket..?
Thanks given by:
Yeah I meant to say, keep the top front bolt tight enough so you can barely move the pump if you're going to do it with the engine running.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
IMHO don't do it with the engine running, one slip can end in the pulley coming out of alignment, chewing the belt covers and the belt coming off and the valves ending up somewhere in the intercooler... It can be done, but I'm not a fan of it, it's so easy to just turn it off, tweak, restart...

Within the small adjustment you have on the slots, you cannot cause any damage if you just start it to see...

You should hear just a slight "clack" on idle - veg oil will dull this down, since it burns so much slower, hence you need more advance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHjFgruSfQ

Above is probably a bit excessive... But somewhere between that and what you have now...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: