SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
I love the sound of that rowell! got to say this is a proper sleeper! you had anyone off the lights yet?
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2014, 10:22 PM)SRowell Wrote: That front bumper is even worse now... Its only got one bolt on each side holding it on. Its got such a panel gap its unbelievable! D:

Tonight I bought all the connectors, conduit and tape to tidy up all the wiring in the engine bay. Hopefully that will all arrive so I can have a bash at it on Friday morning!

I don't mind comming down friday morning if you in suffolk if you need a hand Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Or just use a piece of metal as a heat deflector...keep the cool air coming in...as have to agree with p&t about air temp issues!

Still...cant wait to see this on track Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2014, 05:58 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 10:22 PM)SRowell Wrote: That front bumper is even worse now... Its only got one bolt on each side holding it on. Its got such a panel gap its unbelievable! D:

Tonight I bought all the connectors, conduit and tape to tidy up all the wiring in the engine bay. Hopefully that will all arrive so I can have a bash at it on Friday morning!

I don't mind comming down friday morning if you in suffolk if you need a hand Smile

Yeh come to mine early in the morning. I have a friend coming with me too and he will be coming out on track with me for a bit. Soz track son!
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2014, 10:42 PM)procta Wrote: I love the sound of that rowell! got to say this is a proper sleeper! you had anyone off the lights yet?

(03-06-2014, 06:22 AM)Piggy Wrote: Or just use a piece of metal as a heat deflector...keep the cool air coming in...as have to agree with p&t about air temp issues!

Still...cant wait to see this on track Smile

Cheers guys. Cant wait to have it on track again. It was good fun last time at Coombe and that was at Spring Action Day. Hopefully the cars will be a bit slower at FCS and Ill have more of a chance! Steering and brakes seem to be fine with no issues so I hope they dont give up on track! D:
Thanks given by:
My bumper always had a big panel gap too, but ive sorted it in a pretty easy way Sam.

What I have done is instead of using nuts to attach it, which can be a bit fiddly, I replaced them with wing nuts. All seem good so far, and can now get the bumper on or off within a minute or two with no tools. As its easier, you can use one hand to tighten wing nut, and one had to hold bumper up. Or get a mate to hold it for you, still a very easy job Smile
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2014, 11:57 AM)cjm_harris Wrote: My bumper always had a big panel gap too, but ive sorted it in a pretty easy way Sam.

What I have done is instead of using nuts to attach it, which can be a bit fiddly, I replaced them with wing nuts. All seem good so far, and can now get the bumper on or off within a minute or two with no tools. As its easier, you can use one hand to tighten wing nut, and one had to hold bumper up. Or get a mate to hold it for you, still a very easy job Smile

The problem is that the captive bolts... are either not captive or missing. There are only two bolts left and they are loose so its impossible to tighten up.

I plan to take the bumper off again and cut out some of the plastic reinforcement so i can put in some new bigger bolts so i can get it done up really tightly. Wingnuts are a good idea though!

Weather says chance of rain for FCS on saturday. Better not be raining when I am on track as this car doesnt go round corners in the wet!
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2014, 01:28 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 11:57 AM)cjm_harris Wrote: My bumper always had a big panel gap too, but ive sorted it in a pretty easy way Sam.

The problem is that the captive bolts... are either not captive or missing. There are only two bolts left and they are loose so its impossible to tighten up.

I plan to take the bumper off again and cut out some of the plastic reinforcement so i can put in some new bigger bolts so i can get it done up really tightly. Wingnuts are a good idea though!

Weather says chance of rain for FCS on saturday. Better not be raining when I am on track as this car doesnt go round corners in the wet!

Thought yours was ok in the wet has time.Well apart from one moment lol

can't wait for this weekend,lots of track time hope the cars performed as well as has time.
Thanks given by:
Last time you only noticed the car under-steering at camp. Driving it I know that it under-steered at every single corner including when overtaking that drift car at 90mph! D: Now that was worrying!
Thanks given by:
That just means you're driving it wrong lol. No really, understeer means you're trying to turn in faster than the front end can handle, less speed on entry would mean cleaner cornering, better exits and better lap times. Try tweaking the damping a bit between runs on track, that might help too.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
surely you're doing this arse backwards, more grip and handling should come before power :p

or yeah, DOING IT WRONG lol
Thanks given by:
I reckon its the tyres that are the problem if they haven't been changed lol.... Don't you have rainsports on some clones? Maybe try them if its raining when you go on track?
Thanks given by:
Sam as remmber rightly you was pushing pretty hard Smile

Maybe the car just meet its limits
Thanks given by:
Looked (and sounded) good on track this weekend mate... all ok?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 08:31 AM)jammapic Wrote: Looked (and sounded) good on track this weekend mate... all ok?

JP

Yep everything was great. Update to come Smile
Thanks given by:
I had a few passenger laps round Coombe in this and was surprised how well it was going for 129 bhp!

Keep up the good work mate!
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
So French Car show has come and gone and this is the first update in a while...

On Friday morning before FCS I stripped a bit more out of the loom and packed ready for FCS. Sam came over and gave it a quick going over with a pressure washer before we set off. Somehow the car looked like this at the time we were meant to be leaving! to join Chris and Will.

[Image: IMG-20140606-WA0000_zpsjwbelham.jpg]

Of course we had the regular Pre-FCS Frankie and Bennies in Swindon. Chris and Will fell behind on the way out of Swindon but they were only 5 minutes behind us by the time we arrived at the camp site. I have to say that for the first time ever I followed the signs to the track and it took at least 15 minutes longer to get there than taking the country lanes.

Sam, Chris and I had track time. Chris sold his as he had lost some of his supercharger semen. Went out with Sam on track and I think after a hairy moment at quarry he decided to call it a day.

Next I was out on track and the car performed floorlessly. Battling it out with a 106 gti (probably a quicksilver)for laps on end and of course chasing Steve in his PeugRover. Sam came out as a passenger and my mate Josh came out on track before. Josh hadn't been to a car show before and hadn't been on track either so think it was a bit scary! Chris then came out on track to see what he was missing out on.

[Image: DSCF3852_zps0a87687d.jpg]
[Image: DSCF3881_zpsf6f8dae7.jpg]
[Image: DSCF3827_zpsfb675b89.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2901_zps79f99a4e.jpg]
[Image: 2014-06-07-FrenchCarShow-5283_zpsffa3daa7.jpg]

Track time over and back on stand. Yes I have the dirtiest wheels ever.

[Image: DSC_0050_zpsd580ed9e.jpg]
[Image: DSC04292_zps7cab4323.jpg]

The PFC stand couldnt get rid of the STP stuff so I ended up with 6 bottles! Thats about an extra 30bhp!

[Image: IMG_20140609_103746_zpsiicem36e.jpg]

Unfortunately I lost a centre cap out on track. The fondmetals are 1980s wheels so its impossible to find spares. I got one off Jake but now Ive lost another so im going to try and get some 3D printed.

Back at home I now have a collection of Shiny parts to fit. Thanks Grant for sorting them out.

[Image: IMG_20140609_102523_zpsz7nwpifs.jpg]

Monday night saw the car at Ace Cafe for the first time since fitting the throttlebodies. Repeatedly people would walk past and say ah a gti6 with bodies... and then would be confused why it was only making 130hp on the dyno graph. One guy worked it out and smiled haha.

[Image: IMG_20140616_211813_zpsnaskehl1.jpg]

Weekends see the car in use down at the sailing centre. Salt water, french body work and polished wheels are obviously a great match!

[Image: IMG_20140609_151510_zpsbecd2rco.jpg]

Ive got some flocked sun visors on order from Piggy and I will be ordering a set of 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 3s as the current tyres are worn from track. Also ordered stainless bleed nipples all round as i dont trust the ones that are currently in the callipers. Next big purchase apart from the tyres will be a teigwa harness bar which should bring the harnesses up to a sensible angle.

And thats the end of the update!
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate! We made some ally centrecaps. Our cnc mills take cutters to machine writing into metal. can be done with the writing subflush or proud if you see what I mean. have them painted or anodised which is fairly cheap and leave with polished writing. Wouldn't be too expensive. deffo cheaper than 3d printing!
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2014, 08:01 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: Looking good mate! We made some ally centrecaps. Our cnc mills take cutters to machine writing into metal. can be done with the writing subflush or proud if you see what I mean. have them painted or anodised which is fairly cheap and leave with polished writing. Wouldn't be too expensive. deffo cheaper than 3d printing!

The 3D printing is 10p per Cm3 so a centre cap is £5 each which seems great! Will get a back made up for when the inevitably fall out again!
Thanks given by:
pics broke Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They're working for me Piggy... Confused

Looking good Sam, nice to see more shinies going on soon as well! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2014, 09:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: They're working for me Piggy... Confused

Looking good Sam, nice to see more shinies going on soon as well! Big Grin

Theyve all broken for me too. Ive exceeded the 10GB bandwidth limit for the month.

Ive put up a 100 photos and presume they are 1Mb each then thats 100Mb used up if one person views them all. Then say they are viewed by 100 people then ive used up all my bandwidth! Oh dear.
Thanks given by:
No more free photobucket for you now mate lol

Either use direct upload on here or pay $2.99 like me as I can't be bothered to create a new account

Oh and hurry up this thread is worthless without pictures Wink
Thanks given by:
Why not use imgur??

I cannot see anything a Sad(
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Theyre still working fine for me lol, just your sig that's disappeared lol.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a great project here Sam, shame I can't see any of it due to the pictures Sad

Great that something different is being done too. Am I right in thinking that the 1.8 bottom end is more revy than the XU10, if so with the RS head you are onto a real winner here!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2014, 10:14 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Sounds like a great project here Sam, shame I can't see any of it due to the pictures Sad

Great that something different is being done too. Am I right in thinking that the 1.8 bottom end is more revy than the XU10, if so with the RS head you are onto a real winner here!

1.8 bottom end is square where as the 2.0 is under square so yes the 1.8 is more revy. Like you say with the RS head i think it will be a right winner!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Right I have paid for photobucket. Enjoy the pictures people!

Gti6 head is the next engine related mod to do. Right now I need to get the tyres and all the mounts sorted out as the engine is twisting far too much which is making bad noises when doing max rev gear changes and bunnyhopping when in slow traffic.
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2014, 10:17 PM)Niall Wrote:
(18-06-2014, 10:14 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Sounds like a great project here Sam, shame I can't see any of it due to the pictures Sad

1.8 bottom end is square where as the 2.0 is under square so yes the 1.8 is more revy. Like you say with the RS head i think it will be a right winner!

1.8 is under square and the 2.0 is square... Hence the 1.8 being revvier, short stroke vs bore tends to equal a sweeter revving engine.

2.0 is 86x86 = 86^2 = 86 squared... Hence the squared.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2014, 07:49 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(18-06-2014, 10:17 PM)Niall Wrote:

1.8 is under square and the 2.0 is square... Hence the 1.8 being revvier, short stroke vs bore tends to equal a sweeter revving engine.

2.0 is 86x86 = 86^2 = 86 squared... Hence the squared.

Correct you are. I could of sworn the 2.0 was 86x88 or something similar!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 225,535 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,844 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,530 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore