SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project
Ok after seeing this article posted on the 'stance' website canibeat.com I decided that it would be easy to turn my old skateboard into a stanceboard. No reason at all really apart from its something to do... should look decent and.... itll be something different to have next to the car at meets and shows etc.

Examples:
[Image: DSC_0785-900x598.jpg]

[Image: 6309914007_0918089e44_z.jpg]

[Image: 6310434870_1a86d660bb_z.jpg]

Being at university I cant get any pictures of my skateboard but its been sitting in an outhouse since the week after I bought it in cornwall when I was 12. After sitting for years it pulls heavily to the left and the bearings were never much good anyway so its not great as a skateboard anyway. Dont know if I am sad to see it go or not but living in the countryside and having reasons not to break my bones meant that I never really got into the skating scene...

Anywhoo Dec should be coming down to mine on Saturday the 25th of February to prepare for the Ipswich meet that evening. Plan is to cut out the... what im going to call wheel arches lol and then take a trip to B&Q and get some long bolts so we can bolt the trucks on the top..Then after I guess we will be taking a trip to halfrauds to buy some diablo spray paint so we can spray colour code the board with my car!

Shopping List:
Wheel Bearings
Trucks
Long Bolts + 12 Locking Nuts - B&Q
Diablo Spray Paint - Halfords

Maybe new Wheels - Ebay

At the moment its pretty much just me doing it and Dec helping out and shadowing me around B&Q but I believe he is trying to get hold of an old board off a mate so he can join in with his own!

And for those who say its unrideable... it pretty much is!

[Image: DSC_0800.gif]
Thanks given by:
Gonna have to grind the bolts down though Smile

If only i still had my stickerbomb book! we could of done the underside Sad

Got some matt black spray in my shed and that i will bring along

EDIT : Will see if i have any long bolts, what size do they need to be?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Ive still got my stickerbomb book but im going to try colour code it in diablo to match the car! I reckon we can hacksaw the end of the bolts off and then file it down a bit if youve got a file? I have no idea what length the bolts need to be... 80mm+?
Thanks given by:
yeah i got a metal file Big Grin Will take some tools when i come to yours, will bring my primer and everything aswell Smile Do the bolts need to be a certain width? Got a tonne of nuts laying about

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:yeah i got a metal file Big Grin Will take some tools when i come to yours, will bring my primer and everything aswell Smile Do the bolts need to be a certain width? Got a tonne of nuts laying about

^^ After your profile picture I bet you have! I really dont know width wise tbh... found this if its any help?

Quote:The size is #10-32.

#10 being the bolt size and 32 being the threads per inch, I believe.

You'll need a #10 nut to go with it, but specifically a #10 nut with nylock.

I have looked at the wide longboard wheels but they are all super expensive :/ Going to have to make do with the standard ones unless I can find any cheap. Im not sure how standard wheels will fill the arches and its not as if we can just put spacers on...

Also I was thinking maybe put the trucks in a vice ive got to give a bit of camber... but i dont think that will go well and itll be really hard to get them to be equally cambered. Also itll probably take the paint off the new trucks... anyway we could give it a go with the old trucks and maybe get a polishing wheel on them to make them super shiny!
Thanks given by:
Will see what i have in my shed! Big Grin

And you loved my pictures....

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
These look awesome tbh!
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i think you two need to get a room...
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cant wait for this Big Grin

Speaking with a mate about getting a deck, trucks and wheels later

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Gonna have to grind the bolts down though Smile

If only i still had my stickerbomb book! we could of done the underside Sad

Got some matt black spray in my shed and that i will bring along

EDIT : Will see if i have any long bolts, what size do they need to be?

I have a stickerbombed skateboard in my car. It will be turning into a stance board very soon
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I mite go the carboot and get me one.
Thanks given by:
What the hell is the point of that? lmao

Good luck.with it anyway! Smile
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:What the hell is the point of that? lmao

Good luck.with it anyway! Smile

There is no point! Its just saying hey i did to this board what i did to my car lol. Its pure form over function... Anyway... i need some extras for my car come show time. Was thinking like a colour coded bmx on the roof or something but this should be a good way to start! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Haha that is class! You should get some stainless curved bits of metal to sit over the wheels as proper arches haha.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Haha that is class! You should get some stainless curved bits of metal to sit over the wheels as proper arches haha.

I thought about this haha. Ive got my money for the month through now but ive already bought a gti6 inlet manifold, elm blutooth unit, an oil catch tank and silicon tubing. And Ive also got a gti6 exhaust in the works somewhere :/ I reckon If i build it first with what ive got and then I can add all the shiny new parts later in the year so they are nice and new for FCS and pugfest etc lol
Thanks given by:
Ok fair enough. They shouldn't cost a lot though!
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Ok fair enough. They shouldn't cost a lot though!

nope its about £35 but i got my £500 for the month today and im already £120 into it Sad Got to buy the speedboat and Ive got my MOT next month so got to save!
Thanks given by:
Ye I've got my not too. Hoping it will be ok!
Thanks given by:
Not enough camber!!!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Not enough camber!!!

This.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
just ordered my board Big Grin Its on!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Plan for mine;
-Spray the underside of deck lime green
-Trucks will go black or stay silver
-Lowered
-Grip tape removal and then clean up and varnish the wood
-Apply Illest sticker Big Grin

Sticker is in lime green also.

Cant wait for this Big Grin

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Just got a 'slammed' sticker for mine. Going to mount it along one edge. Should look good. We shall see how removing the grip tape goes on yours but getting rid of the sticky stuff might be a problem.
Thanks given by:
I have removed the tape off a board years ago, a scourer pad will take it clean off Smile

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
These best be good! I may make one!
Thanks given by:
I might go and build one of these. Got bare stickers here and a skateboard and a spare set of trucks. Might have to get the bernzo out and bend the trucks for some camber.
Thanks given by:
f*ck, bandwagon or what? I've a plain lazy deck on the way that says "hit the deck" underneath. Comes with 36mm wide wheels but looking at a set of 54mm wide longboard wheels at the mo. And a "GotStance?" sticker to match the one on the windscreen.

Stanceboard stand at FCS? Ahaha
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:f*ck, bandwagon or what? I've a plain lazy deck on the way that says "hit the deck" underneath. Comes with 36mm wide wheels but looking at a set of 54mm wide longboard wheels at the mo. And a "GotStance?" sticker to match the one on the windscreen.

Stanceboard stand at FCS? Ahaha

THIS ^^

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Oh and for the lads that need to know, Bolts are cheaper out of Homebase than B&Q
Thanks given by:
Oh with camber.

[Image: tumblr_lr4d4mezy91qjfan5o1_500.jpg]

Off to camber some trucks. Want to see if i can get narrower trucks on the front so i can get a tuck and poke look.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 225,500 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,844 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600 Eeyore 1,246 376,987 26-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: procta