Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
(13-01-2017, 10:33 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Haha Cheers Chris .... selling things I don't need!!

Next wanted to see how far out the injector cal was, so Ruan sorted me out with the stock values from a 110HDi with respect to the requested fuel and torque limiter values)...idea being in theory, if my injector cal is correct, the car should perform a full power run, and return pretty much the same results as a stock HDI, as it would be seeing the same mm3 request values... So banged in all the data, ran it up on the dyno, and made a peak of 106hp, pretty much bang on what it should have. And made a surprisingly good dyno graph at the same time! So that was great news / basically confirmed the theory was correct, and the injectors were putting in pretty much bang on the fuel we were asking them to!.

Boring update really but making some big leaps forward in reality, just nothing to show for it! All a massive learning curve for me, and only now am I really starting to see the potential of this ECU, more I get familier with it, the more I realise it is capable of!

Yeah I'm at that stage, cleared out my box of turbos, binned what was scrap and put everything else on here and ebay along with a load of other parts.

Peter (TB205) who used to do my mapping was able to do that, he could calculate the MM3 and through knowing the efficiency of the engine could say almost exactly what a car would make on the dyno on a particular map to prove his calculations.

I think we've always known the capabilities of ECUs, it's just the cost and the learning that's stopping people from doing it. Compared to turning a few screws on Bosch pump it's alot of effort for what (for most people) is just a few % gain. So impressed as having played with megasquirt (hugely simpler) and had trouble getting my head round it I can only imagine what your learning. You must be sleeping well after sessions on this LOL.

Are we going to see some of these dyno pulls as no doubt your doing back to back comparrisons of little changes to see how stuff works and us saddos are interested in that sort of thing.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build - by Dum-Dum - 14-01-2017, 11:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 138,905 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave