Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
(26-06-2016, 11:35 AM)Niall Wrote: I do love you're projects. Most people wouldn't even entertain the idea of basically creating their own timing belt system. "nah, crack on!" lol

I was thinking the same as Dum with regards to belt slippage if you're going to a V belt for the pump. I know when i was looking into charging my car (not that slipping was ever a problem on 6psi lol), a lot of the yanks that used the huge Eaton's used to rave about the Gates green back belts. I could never find a supplier for my size in this country but i'm sure you could!

Well it was the only logical way to go with it, so that is what needs to be done. Regarding belt slip, am hoping with good wrap it should be fine. The yanks run there second CP3 off a 8 rib belt, so in theory I'm only doing the same... Slippage would be my main concern , but am hoping it will work out ok, failing that I would likely have to convert the aux system to use a toothed belt, which again if it came to it I would, but it will be far easier to retain a serpentine for now.

(26-06-2016, 11:39 AM)welshpug Wrote: what did the RHR use?  wasn't it driven off the other end of the cam?

Yeah the RHR normally has a HP pump on the right side of camshaft, obviously my RHW head doesn't, and i certainly don't have space down there for it either!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Compound Blown Derv Bus - 2015 Resurrection / New Build - by darrenjlobb - 26-06-2016, 12:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 138,919 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave