hdi backbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi backbox
I'm looking for a back box for my hdi, an aftermarket one, anyone know where I can get a cheap one? Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Some people use a second mid box thats been cut a bit. Its less restrictive than a standard box. Others use straight pipe for the best flow and sound
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
As suggested above, a lot of aftermarket back boxes are restrictive, what with being designed for petrols. If you're going to get one make sure it's designed for diesels or for turbocharged cars, and i wouldn't rely on the salesman telling you it'll be fine either. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've always through of doing a midbox conversion but being a hatch the pipe will not line up with the cut out in my bumper, is it possible to bend it into place and stick a tip on it? Thanks for your replies Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Have you checked out the guide here
Thanks given by:
I'd just get a sportex 3" back box off eBay, its a straight through design for a diesel, straight fit, sounds good and its like 97 quid delivered.. That's what i had on my hdi
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I don't want to spend more than 50 on the exhaust, I think I'll do the midbox conversion. But will an estate midbox fit a hatch? Doesn't say in the guide, I can't see why it wouldn't fit but just checking!
Thanks given by: