Trip Computer Guide (HDI)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip Computer Guide (HDI)
406 forum. The same ecu and engine was used in the 406 with the d8 trip computer Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Haha, that's the same place I was going to look.

Would you be able to double check it in autodata easily?
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2013, 10:47 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Haha, that's the same place I was going to look.

Would you be able to double check it in autodata easily?

yeah will do tomorrow when im on my other computer.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If its 100% certain on the right pin for my ECU I could pop over to Dunstable if I get hold of the little trip computer
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just picked up two trip computers for £5 from my local scrappers. Hopefully they are the right ones! Ill post some pics shortly.
Thanks given by:
What car were they from?
Thanks given by:
I picked up a D9 one from a 2001 406 hdi estate at my local scrappy. What extra work will be required to fit or am I better off just going back and looking for D8 one instead?

Cheers
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
The problem with the scangauge is when you take your foot off the throttle or sat in traffic the MPG shows as 9999 which then sends your AVG MPG up I had mine at over 100mpg sat in town which is pointless and useless....
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 12:13 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: What car were they from?

Early 406s. Had the P1 front end so hopefully they are the D8 ones! Doubt they will be the D9!
Thanks given by:
Ill have to take a trip down to A5 Salvage and see what they've got
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 12:15 PM)londondan86 Wrote: I picked up a D9 one from a 2001 406 hdi estate at my local scrappy. What extra work will be required to fit or am I better off just going back and looking for D8 one instead?

Cheers

At the moment no one has retro fitted a D9 unit yet, Niall is working on it though.

(28-01-2013, 04:33 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: Ill have to take a trip down to A5 Salvage and see what they've got

Did you manage to get one?
Thanks given by:
might have to do this on the estate Smile im only in luton so will pop over and give you some beer tokens for doing it Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yeah, no worries just let me know when you want it doing.
Thanks given by:
Dee just a quick question. How did you fit the TC in the dash. Its a very tight fit! lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeah it is a bit. I took the connector off the board and soldered wires from the connector block to the board and also there is a black plastic lug behind the clock that a broke off.

Have you connected the low fuel wire, I haven't and it seems my estimated fuel in tank isn't working right at the moment.
Thanks given by:
No I haven't yet. Also need to do 1368 but I've been having trouble opening up the ecu plug (it's different from the hdi ones)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hi guys,

And congratulation for this tutorial. I'm a French owner of a 5dr Peugeot 306 HDi and I found this topic searching randomly pictures with google images.

I registered because I would like to help you as much as I can because I'm also a member of a French 306 fan forum : 306inside.com and we have been debated (and done work) about trip computer from different peugeot cars for 2 years now.

Yes, it's pin 63 for ECU Bosch EDC15C2 but with one plug (K-line) ONLY ! I don't think it's available for the latest ECU provided with the 306 (2001 last models) with has 3 plugs (Can). I need to find the topic on the forum, but i gill post tomorrow the correspondance for other petrol ECU...

We started with the trip computer of the oldest Peugeot 605 because the form factor of this one is exactly the same as our clock/temp of our 306. But unfortunately this TC requires a specific fuel gauge and numeric instrument panel which is very difficult to clone in our cars. Moreover the capacity of the fuel tank of the 605 is different.

So we looked at the TC of D8 406 (many thanks to 406oc yes wich gave us a lot of useful information !)

But i don't understand why you are talking about BSI (as our 306s are not multiplexed) and retrofitting a D9 trip computer (which in fact just a Multi Function Display working with the BSI and the multiplexed architecture of the d9 later 406s, 307s etc...) ? Did you manage to "multiplex" the 306 ?

Sorry for my language, I do my best to avoid mistakes, but... I'm French ^^
Thanks given by:
A lot of people call it the BSI here but yes you are right that it's technically not.

That would be nice if you could inform us of the pin outs from other ECU's here.
Thanks given by:
Here is what I found for the moment, I will update the list as soon as I get more info :

XU10J4RS - 2.0 16s 167cv ECU Magneti marelli IAW 1ap10/ pin N° 5
XU10J4 - 2.0 16s 135 cv ECU Bosch MP5.2/ pin N° 4
1.6 8s ECU Bosch MP5.2/ pin N° 4

Got from 406oc :
1.8 16v (Sagem sl96) and 1.8 8v(Magneti Marelli 1AP.20) / pin 5
Thanks given by:
Could you not use a trip computer from an early 307/206 that doesn't have a proper bsi unit? From a hdi that is, just mimic the wirring. I'm pretty sure the plugs are the same as 306 temp/clock aswel.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As far as I remember, just upper range 206s not multiplexed like the s16 with GPS version did have an external display, but this one was used for temp/clock and gps only and didn't have any chip for trip computer.

I didn't know for early 307s.

Correction : it's a Multi Function Display for multiplexed version... So it was not very useful for the first 206s but became useful when bsi and com2000 went... And then there are the different type A, C, CT displays... But it's not for us ^^
Thanks given by:
Paulo have you fitted a TC to your car?
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2013, 10:21 PM)paulo953 Wrote: Yes, it's pin 63 for ECU Bosch EDC15C2 but with one plug (K-line)

ONLY ! I don't think it's available for the latest ECU provided with the 306 (2001 last models) with has 3 plugs (Can).

are you sure pin 63 as i believe K-line is 38 ?????

Channel No. Description
1 +12 volts supply (after double relay)
2 Output:control of injector N° 1
3 Output:control of injector N° 3
4 Output:control of injector N° 4
5 Output:control of injector N° 2
6 Output:control of injector N° 2
7 ---
8 Diagnostic line for the coils of the fan unit control relays
9 ---
10 Diagnostic line l
11 Input:air temperature sensor (flowmeter)
12 5 volt outputConfusedensor supply
13 Input:air flow signal (flowmeter)
14 Input:engine speed sensor signal
15 Input:accelerator pedal sensor signal
16 ---
17 ---
18 Input:camshaft sensor signal
19 Input:vehicle speed (vehicle speed sensor)
20 ---
21-22 ---
23 Output:engine coolant temperature information (gauge and warning lamp in the instrument panel)
24 ---
25 Output:control of fan unit group 1
26 Output:boost pressure regulation electrovalve
27 Earth:air conditioning pressostat
28 ---
29 +12 volts supply (after double relay)
30 Output:control of injector N° 1
31 Output:control of injector N° 3
32 Output:control of injector N° 4
33 Earth
34 Sensors earth
35 ---
36 Engine immobiliser serial line
37 ---
38 Diagnostic line k
39 Input:fuel temperature sensor
40 Earth
41 Input:engine speed sensor signal
42-43 ---
44 Power supply to sensors (5 volts)
45 Earth:water temperature sensor
46 Input:engine coolant temperature information
47 Input:air conditioning on information (AC/ON)
48 InputConfusedtop lamp switch connection
49 Earth
50 Input:fuel pressure information
51 Earth
52 Output:recycling electrovalve control (EGR)
53 Earth
54-55 ---
56 Output:preheating warning lamp
57 ---
58 Output 1:control of additional heating 1
59-60 ---
61 ---
62 Output:engine speed to instrument panel
63 Output:fuel consumption at any moment (trip computer)
64 Input:accelerator pedal sensor
65 ---
66 Input:wake up for injection ECU, wake up for ADC
67 Output:control for preheating unit
68 Input:accelerator pedal sensor
69 After ignition +
70 Input:catalytic converter temperature
71 Input:inlet manifold air pressure
72 ---
73 Input:unused brake switch
74 Input:fuel pressure
75 Air conditioning pressostat (26 bar control stage)
76-79 ---
80 Output:deactivator of the 3rd piston of the high pressure fuel pump
81 Output:engine coolant temperature information (instrument panel)
82 Output:diagnostic warning lamp (instrument panel)
83 Output:control of fan unit group 2
84 Output:air conditioning compressor control
85 Output 2:control of additional heating 2
86 Output:double relay control
87 Output:double relay control
88 Output:control for preheating unit

also is this any help for the 3 plug???

Thanks given by:
Cully, do you have a list like that for the three plug ECU.
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 10:02 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Cully, do you have a list like that for the three plug ECU.

no im still hunting that one down Wink
Thanks given by:
A trip computer would be epic! Good luck guys Smile
Thanks given by:
@Deeturbo : I partially did yes. I mean : I get all the stuff to do it, changed the wiper stalk and connected to the ground. Changing informations displayd by the TC works. But didn't get the time to do more so far. But few of my friends did.

@Cully : I'm sure yes. We have the same diagram and check line 63 it is written (trip computer). Pin 38 is for diagnostic plug to link the ECU to a computer. and to allow "discussion" between them.

Pin T1 is the same as pin 38, but for the last Bosch ECU models with 3 plugs. I call it "Can" because according to many technical documentation I found on the internet the ECU is named like that. And assuming that later cars like the 307, 406 d9 etc... where provided with multiplexed CAN and VAN networks and where using the same ECUs, I think that this ECU is ready for multiplexing.
But honestly, i don't know if the "language" between ECU and the computer with PPS is changing and I don't know how to check it....

Don't know whete you find your diagrams but those are very useful Smile Gonnat download it, it can be useful.

@Deeturbo : I've seen the TC working but it seems we (every person who made the mod) are stuck to the same problem : for the autonomy, TC is displaying "--" sometimes and unable to change it. I think this is because we didn't allow every pin of the TC to what it is supposed to be linked.

That's why your guide is better than our, because it's the first time I see the "low fuel" pin on a diagram. Maybe it could be the solution.
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 10:02 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Cully, do you have a list like that for the three plug ECU.

this may help Wink

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-11748.html
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 07:22 PM)cully Wrote:

this may help Wink

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-11748.html

Cheers, Thanks for that. Looks like I'll have to wire a TC in a different way in my girlfriends car.

(11-03-2013, 06:46 PM)paulo953 Wrote: @Deeturbo : I've seen the TC working but it seems we (every person who made the mod) are stuck to the same problem : for the autonomy, TC is displaying "--" sometimes and unable to change it. I think this is because we didn't allow every pin of the TC to what it is supposed to be linked. What do you mean by this? Sorry I didn't understand.

That's why your guide is better than our, because it's the first time I see the "low fuel" pin on a diagram. Maybe it could be the solution. I've not had chance to strip the instrument panel to connect to the low fuel bulb yet and because I've not I think my estimated fuel in tank isn't working because of this?
Thanks given by:
As the 2 parts of my posts are link, I would rather say "Yes, I think it's because of this" to the 2nd question.

Sorry, I try to do my best for my expression in English, but i don't know what is gramatically incorrect or what kind of expression is not understandable in the context.

When i will do the plugs I will try to connect this "low fuel bulb". We already noticed that Peugeot 605 TC had more wires coming from the fuel tank...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide: Making A Trip Computer Stalk Chris 6 5,093 04-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo