Slow laptop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow laptop
The shared family laptop, a low end Acer model, is now about 1 year old and has become really quite slow.

I know it'l' never be 'fast' as its only a cheap laptop, but its deffinately got worse in the last few months. Is there any easy way to speed it back up, common things to delete which slow them down etc? My sister has the sims 3 installed which im sure doesnt help, and its had a virus at some point which I think I managed to clear with 'malwarebytes'. But other than that im stumped, it doesnt have a massive amount of pictures/videos/music stored on it and past that im not very good with computers lol

Any pointers much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
CCleaner
Malwarebytes
Soluto

Install and run these initially.

Soluto shows you which processes or programs are running on startup and then provides you with a list, allowing you to delay them or remove them from boot. Probability is that there are a lot of programs running that shouldn't or don't need to be Smile Soluto also allows you to give someone else access to the report, so if you're not sure what to enable/disable, give me a shout and I'll happily take a look Smile
Thanks given by:
put a fmic on the fan, will help with cpu load
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2013, 04:54 PM)RePT Wrote: put a fmic on the fan, will help with cpu load

+1

Oh and turn the e-fuel up a bit, 13mm lock nut by the ethernet port, couple of turns clockwise. May smoke a bit opening applications use but as long as the smoke clears to a wisp when up and running it's all good.

HTH
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
CCleaner and defraggler should speed it up a bit. They are all I have ever used!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PC techy help... Slow internet Piggy 17 3,411 20-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Toms306