URGENT CAR SALE! £250!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT CAR SALE! £250!
To be picked up on Saturday 28th or Sunday 29th January from YORK!

Not perfect but its a 1.6 and runs well and just over 101k. Bit rusty in the engine bay and needs a cambelt cover (old one is held one with wire - works though)

MOT valid till 8 Feb...but got mot done last week and failed totally on breaks and rear bearings, and a side light bulb. oh and exhaust midsection.

Got lovely fresh tyres all round Sad and taxed until late in the year (not sure exactly)

Currently uninsured.

£250 to go to a good home and be resurrected. (would be lower but the tax is worth half that!) if anyone doesn't want the tax, price will be lowered

Oh and there is largish scratch on the rear lower bit where I went round a corner next to a very low wall Sad and lacquer is peeling off the bonnet all over.

Going to be scrapped on 28th if no takers!

See lounge "Epic MOT fail" for all mot details

Just cant bear to see a 306 go to waste Sad
[Image: resized%204.jpg]
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
I always thought that if your car fails an MOT then the previous one became invalid no matter how long is left on it! I might be wrong on this but thought it was worth mentioning Smile

Still a bargain at that price!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Booooooooooooooooooohoooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo Sad I don't want her to die either!

Tax is until end of August 2012 and she could be picked up during the week, as well, if that's more suitable!

Please, someone save her from the scrappy - we don't have the means to fix her to keep her running.

Cheers!
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:I always thought that if your car fails an MOT then the previous one became invalid no matter how long is left on it! I might be wrong on this but thought it was worth mentioning Smile

Still a bargain at that price!

That is what I thought and I had a long discussion with the mechanic at the garage who convinced me otherwise. Apparently, regardless of the mot fail, it technically is valid until the end date on your current mot slip. This was discussed and debated very much on .net and got no where cause its was either or. So anyway..its not safe to drive anyway due to teh brakes so wouldn't recommend it for a long drive. :p and its currently on private land
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:That is what I thought and I had a long discussion with the mechanic at the garage who convinced me otherwise. Apparently, regardless of the mot fail, it technically is valid until the end date on your current mot slip. This was discussed and debated very much on .net and got no where cause its was either or. So anyway..its not safe to drive anyway due to teh brakes so wouldn't recommend it for a long drive. :p and its currently on private land

If its not actually been put through the system then I guess the old one is going to still be valid Smile as I said I just thought it would be worth a mention.

GLWTS
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Lol...just been convinced to scrap her :p
Thanks given by:
Dont scrap it yet, must be someone on here who wants it
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Sell it to jj... he likes broken 306's lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If your planning on scrapping it, take off the headlights first as they look in good nick and will be worth around £50 on there own mate Wink
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have some frosted that im going to replace the crystals with to get them out the garage,
take out the bootcover with speakers, all bulbs, and the wheels cause ill use the tyres on the hdi.

might be able to make up the cost of the new car with this Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:might be able to make up the cost of the new car with this Big Grin

:dance:
Thanks given by:
Are both the headlight trims in good condition? Do they stay down? I am interested in them Big Grin
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Break it Smile
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Are both the headlight trims in good condition? Do they stay down? I am interested in them Big Grin

Not completely, got the usual pug trait of sticking out of the edges..you can kinda cable tie them down though :p
Thanks given by:
I can categorically state that if a car fails its mot, the old one no longer stands.
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
spawn Wrote:I can categorically state that if a car fails its mot, the old one no longer stands.

Then the mechanic lied to Paul! Sad
Thanks given by:
Found on another website:

Quote:If car fails MOT is the old test certificate still valid until its expiry date?

Well the answer does not seem to be found on any of the government information about the MOT test, so we emailed VOSA with this question and this is their response:

"An MOT certificate is valid until its expiry date. However if your vehicle fails a test before this date and you do not rectify the defects then you are driving an unroadworthy vehicle which is an offence."

So to put this into context if your car fails the MOT due to illegal tyres then you are driving an unroadworthy vehicle, you were driving unroadworthy vehicle before the MOT, and you will be driving an unroadworthy vehicle until you get a new tyre. Therefore at anytime if caught you would be subject to a £2500 fine and 3 points per illegal tyre.

However once you get a new tyre your car is roadworthy and the old MOT is still valid until its expiry date, thus you can then drive your car again and get it retested to your timescale, with out worrying about driving without an MOT.

This is a very good reason to book your Mot early and give yourself plenty of time to book a retest if needed.

So, technically yes the current is still valid, but if it has failed, then that means that it is unroadworthy and shouldnt be driven until rectified
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Found on another website:

Quote:If car fails MOT is the old test certificate still valid until its expiry date?

Well the answer does not seem to be found on any of the government information about the MOT test, so we emailed VOSA with this question and this is their response:

"An MOT certificate is valid until its expiry date. However if your vehicle fails a test before this date and you do not rectify the defects then you are driving an unroadworthy vehicle which is an offence."

So to put this into context if your car fails the MOT due to illegal tyres then you are driving an unroadworthy vehicle, you were driving unroadworthy vehicle before the MOT, and you will be driving an unroadworthy vehicle until you get a new tyre. Therefore at anytime if caught you would be subject to a £2500 fine and 3 points per illegal tyre.

However once you get a new tyre your car is roadworthy and the old MOT is still valid until its expiry date, thus you can then drive your car again and get it retested to your timescale, with out worrying about driving without an MOT.

This is a very good reason to book your Mot early and give yourself plenty of time to book a retest if needed.

So, technically yes the current is still valid, but if it has failed, then that means that it is unroadworthy and shouldnt be driven until rectified

I disagree with that.. on the back of my last MOT fail sheet it said effectively "Unless it's marked as dangerous then you can drive it until the previous certificate expires"
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
emmmm...there were two items that had DANGEROUS written in caps Confused...nevermind..its off the road now!

the guy did say that he could ONLY recommend that I drive it home and leave it there until its fixed
Thanks given by:
A mot is not a certificate of road worthiness, all is dose is say that a car has been checked, im not sure but i would say the old mot is still valid
Thanks given by:
York Sad such a shame cos I need a 1.6 8v engine for the missus' 106!

Having said that i've just seen its a 3 door so wouldn't be able to break it - if it was a 5door id happily rip it apart haha
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
INXS Wrote:York Sad such a shame cos I need a 1.6 8v engine for the missus' 106!

Having said that i've just seen its a 3 door so wouldn't be able to break it - if it was a 5door id happily rip it apart haha

Sad
Thanks given by:
Sorry that was a bit nasty! Tongue
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
have you still got the car? my freind is very interested
Thanks given by:
aggyj17 Wrote:have you still got the car? my freind is very interested

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was scrapped on saturday!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Thanks given by:
Ahh well worth a shot lol
Thanks given by:
Damn..oh well!
Thanks given by:
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:
aggyj17 Wrote:have you still got the car? my freind is very interested

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more! Bad timing, sorry! Sad
Thanks given by: