MMA training?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMA training?
Any of you guys tried it? Since I stopped playing basketball I need something to keep fit and its abit different to just doing same things at the gym. Just wanted some thought on the case
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
No, but have you seen the film warrior? It's awesome
Thanks given by:
I did it for nearly 2 years. It's was alright but I enjoyed the kick boxing better. Be prepared for aching like feck in th morning. But on the other hand you feel great. Not only in body but in mind. I paid £100 a month so I was getting the most of it and going 6 times a week.
I would say do it mate. Not just for the fitness but knowing you could knock 10 barrels out of anyone who starts. Takes up a lot of time done properly mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I tried it out for a little bit, but as with kingy, I preferred kickboxing. Have you got any previous contact fighting experience? If not I would recommend doing some before jumping in with MMA.

MMA isnt really mixed martial arts anymore sadly. Its developed its own style, which whilst good for its purpose, fitness and strength, isnt really applicable on the street so as to speak. Its more groundwork and holds/grappling. It really depends what you want from it.
Oh and be prepared to get cauliflower ears if you are to take it up seriously lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
+1 for warrior lol
Thanks given by:
MMA from what I've seen of BAMMA is essentially glorified cage fighting...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I did MMA for 18month and Muay Thai for 3 years and can say if your dedicated its great, but sadly i dont think your cut out for it ash MMA is a full contact beat the living shit and try to tear limbs off people worth a try though you may like it

i just wasnt keen on grappling and wrestling on the floor prefered knee's to faces and spinning back elbows and heafty kicks in the chest etc
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yea I'm not planning on competing with it cj I'm just wondering what the trainings like. I mean will it get me in shape and fit again. I know people will say what's the point if I don't plan to fight but knowing I'm fit and could if it came down to it is good to know. And no grant I've not done and previous contact sports, I played national basketball all round the country so couldn't never risk injure really
Thanks given by:
Boxing or Muay Thai would be better as MMA is a lot involved
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do you still currently train for basketball ash? If so sack the idea in now, expect to pick up injuries with that sort of sport.
I did aiki-ju-jitsu for 3 months, then had to stop as i too many people were breaking arms/legs and couldnt afford to risk it with a manual job.

If you're after fitness why not consider the likes of Karate, Kung Fu, TKD, CKD, Judo, Kendo, Ninjutsu... The list goes on. Get out there with an open mind, go to classes of different arts and see what appeals to you, dont just settle on the first one you go and see...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Personally i dont like the idea of it. I watched a class once and they were a bunch of the most jumped up meat heads ive ever seen and the actual work they were doing was really no more than what you would do if you got into a punchup on the street anyway.

(No offence CJ. Sure there are decent people that do it but the class i watched certainly didnt contain any lol)

Why dont you consider a proper martial art?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
No that's the thing I stopped playing basketball and looking for something else just don't know what's good fitness wise and I'll enjoy. I'm not to bothered about taking the hits if I'm gonna start it I gotta get used to it right
Thanks given by:
Well like said, take a trip around a few places and see whats on offer. There is so much variety it's unreal!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Okay thanks guys Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPR Training Niall 6 1,348 30-03-2013, 07:08 PM