uprated headbolts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uprated headbolts
Hey boys and girls

I'm very much considering getting some uprated headbolts / studs for my rebuild.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Are there any alternatives to ARP + shims?

Thanks taaa muchly
Thanks given by:
Suppose you could ask an engineering firm to go out and make some?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Or order them through DP Engineering.
JP
Thanks given by:
And then find they're wrong?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Mine weren't at all. Just needed some new head spacers making up and they were only £25!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Looks like I'm going to have to bend over either way then
Thanks given by:
f*cking ratchet strap that shit down!
But yes they will be expensive. I have been trying to find what cars may have similar size threads (m12x1.5??) But havn't had much luck
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I ended up torquing my head bolts down again after the head started blowing into the coolant , which calmed it down a lot - but it went again after a couple of thousand miles. I don't fancy having to go through this again with a new engine build.

Ratchet strap coud be the answer though!

Does anyone know how getting a place to make you a set of headbolts compares with cost of a set of arp + shims (approx £300)?
Thanks given by:
My set was less than 200 with the correct spacers etc... No import taxes to arse round with or shipping from Denmark...

That's why the DP ones from ARP are silly money because by the time you've got them to your door, realised they're still wrong, had spacers machined etc, they're nigh on 400 quid...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  D8a rebuild Head gasket and headbolts? Andy325i 2 1,523 22-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Andy325i