Sky Insurance, Legends!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky Insurance, Legends!
Just called up Sky insurance to see about adding some mods. Anyway, long story short, Ive renewed a few days early to save some money and have paid £559.20 for the year with protected NCB and driving other cars and thats all mods declared, engine, FMIC, transit pump, VNT, THE LOT

£559 aint even £50 a month, f*ck me my phone bill is more than that.

Anyway if you need insurance give Sky a call, theyll sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Your job will help that a lot dude!
How many NCB you got?

Im barely paying 500 on the hdi nowadays but im old
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just renew mine came back at 1160 which is 400 cheaper than most. I did try Sky but the only thing Sky about them was how how the quotes were!!
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 05:05 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: I did try Sky but the only thing Sky about them was how how the quotes were!!
wut
Thanks given by:
Do they do multi car?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 05:08 PM)Scott Wrote:
(15-01-2013, 05:05 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: I did try Sky but the only thing Sky about them was how how the quotes were!!
wut

I think he means the quotes were 'sky' high.... Wink
Thanks given by:
lol Thanks, makes sense now!
Thanks given by:
Edited, not getting in arguments.
Thanks given by:
How do you get it so low Jordan? I'm guessing you know some tips seeing as you work at Flux lol? Mum and Amber on your policy?
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 05:24 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Just got my renewal from Elephant 2 days ago. £364 comp with mods declared, 250xs, 21, 4ncb. Before anyone asks, no perks for working where I do as I'm not even with them yet!

Says alot about AF's we'll beat you quote thread pfft

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I absolutely assure you last year I typed my details into confused.com, that's what it came out as. This year my renewal came back as that. I have no 'tips' apart from tell the truth as any lies will void your insurance! I'm happy to give anyone who doesn't believe me my confused password to check!
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 04:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Just called up Sky insurance to see about adding some mods. Anyway, long story short, Ive renewed a few days early to save some money and have paid £559.20 for the year with protected NCB and driving other cars and thats all mods declared, engine, FMIC, transit pump, VNT, THE LOT

£559 aint even £50 a month, f*ck me my phone bill is more than that.

Anyway if you need insurance give Sky a call, theyll sort you out.

Did you have a certain power increase insured or are they assuming the new engine and vnt will still make a 90hp car?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Insured to 160bhp.

Will see how this VNT works before insuring a little more.
Thanks given by:
Actually just got a quote today on this Volcane (harder to insure) £850 with a cheeky 3rd part extension. Not bad i thought, though im 21 now.
Thanks given by:
I'll certainly get a quote from them then. Need to renew in the next couple of weeks
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
£217 a year
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
These topics are pointless, unless your addressing your neighbour.

Your insurance is based on you/your area etc.

The guys who have a £200 renewal, most likely also live in a £250k+ house. I.e a nice area, low risk of thefts etc.

Then theres people like me, who live in a £100k house. Very high risk. Got the romanians stealing our trash, let alone cars.

So really, them £200 quotes make us rage.

I paid £1700 for very basic TPO cover last year. No breakdown cover or anything. Thank God ive not broken down yet.

But my renewals come in at £800. Shocking.

Edit; just paid for renewal, £737, with national breakdown cover and personal injury cover. Kewll.
Thanks given by:
It's not really pointless, insurance is based on a lot more than just you and your area. It's based on the car, insurance group, number of accidents in said car and average cost of repairs/parts, average claims in accidents involving that car, crime and accidents in your postcode, claims in your postcode. The list goes on. It's useful to know sometimes what other people with the same car as you are paying. Then you can compare their price to yours and take into account postcode banding (there's a thread on here detailing what they are).
Thanks given by:
I payed just over 480 when i wer 23 gone up this year because lost 3years no claims and had to pay 900 but get 500 credit when claims settled
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas Meet 2014 - You guys are legends!! Dum-Dum 38 17,928 14-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Niall