Engine shaking at idle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine shaking at idle
I have a 306 2.0 hdi when at idling really shaking, I changed everything mounts again, but he will keep shaking.Help.Sorry for my English
Thanks given by:
Violent?

Maybe misfiring, a friend had similar with a chafed loom.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Yes very hard shake idle
Thanks given by:
I take it there are no engine warning lights/fault codes present?

Does it drive ok, just with excessive wobbling at idle?

Dave
Thanks given by:
No engine warning/fault codes,drive ok, just with excessive wobbling at idle,when I give throttle on idle to 1000 engine running rough/vibration cabin.

timing belt ok pulleys ok
Thanks given by:
No fault codes is odd. Are your engine mounts intact ? Look at the cradle underneath the drivers side too.
Thanks given by:
No codes,all 3 new mount engine.Shake like a golf 1 diesel,but everything else is ok.
Thanks given by:
Are you sure the mounts have all been fitted ok? Does the engine rock around in a natural looking way when turned off and pushed by hand?

Dave
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2013, 08:42 PM)Jole Wrote: I have a 306 2.0 hdi when at idling really shaking, I changed everything mounts again, but he will keep shaking.Help.Sorry for my English

Could you post a video of the engine shaking?

It might give us a better understanding of what's going on.
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2013, 02:42 PM)Mr Whippy Wrote: Are you sure the mounts have all been fitted ok? Does the engine rock around in a natural looking way when turned off and pushed by hand?

Dave

All are done mount well and turn well. Today I fired mid mount so that it would not trembling but still shaking.

(18-01-2013, 04:33 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: [quote='Jole' pid='195448' dateline='1358196132']
I have a 306 2.0 hdi when at idling really shaking, I changed everything mounts again, but he will keep shaking.Help.Sorry for my English

Could you post a video of the engine shaking?

It might give us a better understanding of what's going on.
Tomorrow I recording, but this never seen so much and the steering wheel vibrates, shaking the cabin dashboard.I compared them with the same car, but my work as a golf 3 1.9d
Thanks given by:
Are you sure of the following:

Timing is correct
Engine management light functioning
No display codes

?

Most of the faults I can think of would throw an eml..
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 11:54 AM)C2K Wrote: Are you sure of the following:

Timing is correct
Engine management light functioning
No display codes

?

Most of the faults I can think of would throw an eml..

No codes have good pressure. timing belt was checked and is good. auto start up fine, doing fine. but a lot of rough work.Nozzles work well, no exceptions.
Thanks given by:
Ooh just thought, is the bottom mount in correct? If you have the mount in the wrong orientation that will cause more vibration in the cabin as the mount won't be dampening out the movement and just pass it through to the chassis.

C2K- how many miles have you got on your HDI, I think I read somewhere you had 200k mile plus on it?
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 12:21 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Ooh just thought, is the bottom mount in correct? If you have the mount in the wrong orientation that will cause more vibration in the cabin as the mount won't be dampening out the movement and just pass it through to the chassis.

C2K- how many miles have you got on your HDI, I think I read somewhere you had 200k mile plus on it?
lower mount engine is good orientation.
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2013, 12:21 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: C2K- how many miles have you got on your HDI, I think I read somewhere you had 200k mile plus on it?

241K on the clocks now, I've owned it almost 8 years now. She would've had a lot more but i've been overseas a lot since changing jobs so it's very sporadic now, i.e only 11 weeks at home in the almost 2 years on the job i've just finished. I do between 750 and 1000 a week so makes sense to keep it rather than devalue something newer.

Jole, had you completed any work or upgrade before the vibration started? Or has it just started?

Have you cleaned your fuel pressure regulator in your checks?
Thanks given by:
Just started.l cleaned fuel pressure regulator but nothing happens, still has the rough work how it should be.I'll have to take it to a service center to see what it is as soon as I'm able, or burn it. Big Grin
Thanks given by: