PH2 rad->PH1 rad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH2 rad->PH1 rad
Can I change my radiator for a phase one type by just changing the bottom hose? Or will it not fit in the phase 2 slam panel etc?

Want to get this header tank out of the way, it's ruining my plans! Dodgy
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
As far I can I tell the pipes run different.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pipes are different. Need to swap the rad.
Thanks given by:
I am wanting to do this. I brought the radiator and a new bottom pipe but then realised I needed another so I had to put the phase 2 one back on.

The phase one only has one pipe that goes around to the water distributor on the back of the block. I have a silicon end cap to block that. So you'll need one of them or the phase one distributor.

The other thing you'l need is the phase 1 pipe which has the bleed point in it, because the point it attaches to the radiator is lower down so the pipes longer.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, sounds like too much effort really, if it was straight swap with maybe just 1 pipe different then it would be worth it.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
It's only the one pipe you need to get, and the cap. How much do you want the extra room?
Thanks given by:
Not that much, would have just been nice to use it for air filter routing. I am going to use a different route for the filter now anyway.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
ricky if you want to do it i am breaking a white ph one dt would have everything you need nc a nissens ally rad Smile
Thanks given by:
If Ricky doesn't want any of it then ill be interested in a couple of little bits. I'm in no rush though so if Ricky wants them no worries.
Thanks given by:
Will drop you a PM ash Smile
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by: