clearance issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clearance issue
Hey all i made a temp air filter pipe too day. I have used some rubber hose and all that but in the end i use intercooler pipes. It works fine but its hitting my bonnet when i shut it what i am trying too say is i wont my filter were it is but i have too have my bonnet raised so it dont hit.
i tryed useing rubber hose but it kept sucking shut can some one help me i dont want too move my filter heres some pictures of how it looks Big Grin
[Image: tempairfeed3.jpg]
[Image: tempairfeed2.jpg]
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
If you want to keep it where it is, raise the bonnet more. If not then move the filter.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
bonnet as bin raised lol ill get a picture of how high it is Smile
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
Thanks given by:
Well if it doesnt fit, then ut doesnt fit....
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
think i need some strong rubber hose some that wont suck shut Sad
Thanks given by:
Look how much i had too raise my bonnet so my air filter pipe dint hit but it still hits Sad

[Image: veryhighraisedbonnet2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That looks totally retarded... but each to their own I suppose... Imo just put it back to how it was until you can sort something that allows you to shut the bonnet properly
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Your bonnet appears to be broken :o ........... you should fix that!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
hit the pipe with a hammer until it's flat . . . ThumbsUp
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
raise it more! nothing to lose
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:raise it more! nothing to lose

Apart from making it look worse and not being able to see where your going for the back of the bonnet! Confusedhock: (if you can't tell I dislike bonnet raisers lol)
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I get the slight impression you hate them aha! My bonnet is raised but only buy something like 8mm Smile
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Don't use rubber hose, go to a hydro place and get some reinforced almost like hoover tubing, they do some stuff that's heat resistant, Darren and I have used it before, you can make it fit past...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I really hate my bonnet bin raised Sad but i wont my filter were it is.
so i think what ruan said am gunner do thanks ruan Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Would grinded this bit of the skin under the bonnet do owr too my bonnet cos thats what my pipes are hitting ?

[Image: tempairfeed5.jpg]

As you can see by looking at the bonnet you just know its gunner hit it
Thanks given by:
What ruan said, just get decent flexi stuff...anything which has steel / hard plastic ribbing around the outside for vacume hose.....most hydro stores sell it...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Or cut a bit of the support out of the bonnet frame?
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
INXS Wrote:Or cut a bit of the support out of the bonnet frame?

You can, but then you will find it starts bending whenever you open / close the bonnet and it soon fecks the paint....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:You can, but then you will find it starts bending whenever you open / close the bonnet and it soon fecks the paint....

or you could bend the bonnet around what ever is in the way (like a massive turbo) and make it fit by forcing it closed couldn't you Darren............... lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
lol @ darrens turbo buldge Tongue
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its a speed hump..........
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Obviously.... Lifting the middle of the bonnet section up everytime you come on boost due to engine movement is clearly just an "on boost engine mount"
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Obviously.... Lifting the middle of the bonnet section up everytime you come on boost due to engine movement is clearly just an "on boost engine mount"

On boost engine stabilisation FTW, I have one of those on mine, its called the bulk head lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Pmsl! Even Ruans VNT dosnt hit the bulkhead! Clearly not enough hammer action mark! Altho ill admit its a fucker to do when the motors still in the car
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Pmsl! Even Ruans VNT dosnt hit the bulkhead! Clearly not enough hammer action mark! Altho ill admit its a fucker to do when the motors still in the car

I know, I had a bashing before I put the turbo on but its even harder when the turbo is in place as well! It will get done, it just depends if the bulkhead eats my compressor housing before I do it or not now lol either way the turbo has to come off which I just don't have the time for at the moment but the turbo rattling against the bulkhead on boost is doing my head in!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Well i sorted the clearence issue yesterday and then
my engine went boom my cam pully cracked and knocked my timing out what as bent my valves andsmashed my pistons
Thanks given by:
What a joke Stu! Sad So unlucky mate..............
Thanks given by:
I wiped my head off and checked valves and pistons and nothing seems too be broken Smile
my valves dont seem too be bent check too see if thay seal and thay do i turned them with cam bolt and not one looks bent.
Then i checked my pistons and thay seem too be working fine too so hopefully a cheap fix for me Smile
[Image: headrebuild3.jpg]
[Image: headrebuild2.jpg]
[Image: headrebuild.jpg]
She will soon be back on the road Smile
Thanks given by:
How did you check theyre sealed?

Cant believe it hit valves and didnt bend one?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front bumper/ intercooler clearance simonh 6 1,366 23-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Last Post: simonh