NAD to TD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAD to TD
Is it possible to just turbo my NAD or do I have to swap the whole lump out

Also how hard is it to swap the gearbox's over cos if I don't put a TD in I wanna put a TD box on for better ratios
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
The NAD doesn't really do too well with a turbo. It's possible to fit one, but it'll break soon afterwards once you throw a little boost at it. You're better off swapping to the turbo lump straight away.
Thanks given by:
Ok fair enough cheers mate just wondered which was the better option

Any idea about the gearbox's
Thanks given by:
If you're sticking a DT lump in then go with a DT box, or if you want a bit more economy then go with the HDi box Wink

I can't say for certain about a DT box with a NAD though? I think it may well fit.
Thanks given by:
The Nad will be fine for fitting a turbo and turbos pump to but you wont be able to run big boost as the compression ratio is higher.

By the time you factor in turbo, manifold, down pipe and the fuel pump off a turbo lump plus the turbo has a longer box youll be as well swapping to a full turbo lump anyway that comes with a box pump and turbo (they go for £150-£300 on ebay)
Thanks given by:
Ok cool thanks guys now just gotta work out how to change the lump and find a decent one hmmmm oh and save the money to buy it all and get it fitted
Thanks given by:
Swap the engine, you can get a full engine for around £100 these days. It's really not a big job, even if it's your first engine conversion ever it will only take 2, maybe 3 days of work. Assuming you can use a ratchet, of course lol
Thanks given by:
and dont put a td gearbox on an na engine, youll just kill what little acceleration the engine had...
Thanks given by:
Could always do what JJ did with mine, buy a full car so you have all the bits you need then weigh it in at the end and make some money back.
Thanks given by:
Hmm that's not a bad idea that mate thanks for that
Thanks given by:
As said, just swap the engine for a TD lump, it's not so difficult as you might first think!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Although if your swapping lumps anyway you could 2.1TD it
Thanks given by:
Wasn't that a big job though dum-dum might just get a 1.9 and upgrade the turbo as a lot are doing so there is plenty if advice and help think ill need it lol
Thanks given by: