gti

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gti
right sorry bear with me this is about xud's i promise Smile basically posted on the other site about putting a dturbo engine in a xsi and basically got yes it is possible. but i have found a lush looking gti with high mileage 160,000 more than my diesel engine lol so i am thinking buying that rather than this xsi and whacking the diesel engine in, but can it be done? the top engine mount looks identical so i dont see no problems there but bottom i haven't a clue. i have never heard about anything like this but it may have been done i dunno. mostly its the engine looms and electrics i am worried about the most as i hate electrics!!!!! also i want it so one day the gti 6 engine can go back in for when i am a bit older. anyone have any experience on this or any advice anything at all it may seem obvious to you but it may not be to me so post away.

much love and excuse the spelling i do try my best honest lol
Thanks given by:
Dont build something you can buy unless you can do it Very cheap
Thanks given by:
Insurance will ra*e you having an engine conversion. It would be cheaper in both ways to just buy a working gti
And yeah 160k is very high! I dont think ive seen a gti that high before
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Should be fairly easy to do, mounts are all in the same place, you would probably need to swap the wiring loom over but I'm guessing you have the other car so should have all the parts you need, just keep everything you remove so you can use it when you swap back Smile

Bananalad Wrote:Dont build something you can buy unless you can do it Very cheap
Whats that supposed to mean?? lol

@Phill, it depends who your insurance company are, flux and brentacre are both worth a phone call on this subject Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Should be fairly easy to do, mounts are all in the same place, you would probably need to swap the wiring loom over but I'm guessing you have the other car so should have all the parts you need, just keep everything you remove so you can use it when you swap back Smile

Bananalad Wrote:Dont build something you can buy unless you can do it Very cheap
Whats that supposed to mean?? lol

@Phill, it depends who your insurance company are, flux and brentacre are both worth a phone call on this subject Smile

Fair enough mark_fairey! Lol :-p
Most insurance companies wont want to insurean engine conversion
Many people have bought the subject up and most of the time people say just buy a gti
Thanks given by:
i have fleet insurance they literally don't care its great. you cant buy 3 door dturbos not in this condition i have seen one car that was mint condition she wanted £700 no mot no tax and head gasket had shat itself and that's the best i have seen!!!!!!!!! how hard is it to swap the engine looms over as i said i really hate electrics with a passion :/
Thanks given by:
there is more to change than just the looms etc..

Depends how much of the dturbo you have tbh..

fuel lines and tank etc and a few other diesel specific parts.
Thanks given by:
o crap the fuel tank never thought of that Sad could you get away with the petrol tank? i have the whole car btw as i still drive it around.
Thanks given by:
liam doidge Wrote:o crap the fuel tank never thought of that Sad could you get away with the petrol tank? i have the whole car btw as i still drive it around.

If you have the whole car then you have everything you need Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
i know but swapping it all over to swap it back over again seems a bit over the top never thought of the fuel lines and tank :/
Thanks given by:
Well what i meant is its alot of work swapping petrol to diesel when you could just easily buy a dturbo at little money.. But if he has everything and can do it himself work away lol
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:Well what i meant is its alot of work swapping petrol to diesel when you could just easily buy a dturbo at little money.. But if he has everything and can do it himself work away lol
i know what u mean but u find a dturbo for me then Tongue still buying this gti for when im older either way.
Thanks given by:
Dash and clocks will need changing as well.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Ebay gumtree pistonheads swapz try them all give it alil while and im sure a good dtub could appear
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Ebay gumtree pistonheads swapz try them all give it alil while and im sure a good dtub could appear
been searching all of them for to long now :/
Thanks given by:
how far are you actually looking for one?
Thanks given by:
i been going up to 200 miles found one but my mate was busy and couldn't drive me to it Sad
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Insurance will ra*e you having an engine conversion. It would be cheaper in both ways to just buy a working gti

My mate has a 202,000 k 6 with the original lump in

In regards to this thread, Would it not be easier to transfer all the gti items on to the dt?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Insurance will ra*e you having an engine conversion. It would be cheaper in both ways to just buy a working gti
Miles on 306gti6 (last time I checked) had clocked over 250k on his 6, on the original lump. He just did servicing regularly and made sure the cambelt was always done, and still does track days in it!
Thanks given by:
Nice! Been through any rebuilds?
Thanks given by:
Theres a DT for sale on .net...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Theres even one for sale on here come to think of it...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
in diablo red the only colour i don't like Sad i cant spray either. i am after a 3 door not in diablo red!!! or that green colour but my parents wont drive more than 30 miles :/ and my mates are useless lol hence why i am struggling. i am going to do a engine rebuild on this car gti 6 if it dont go up to much money Smile
Thanks given by:
Get a train? Most that go the distance for their new car just go up by train.
Thanks given by:
liam doidge Wrote:in diablo red the only colour i don't like Sad i cant spray either. i am after a 3 door not in diablo red!!! or that green colour but my parents wont drive more than 30 miles :/ and my mates are useless lol hence why i am struggling. i am going to do a engine rebuild on this car gti 6 if it dont go up to much money Smile
Don't say that too often, Fooby, Ed and Curt will be along shortly to set you right lol
Thanks given by:
liam doidge Wrote:in diablo red the only colour i don't like Sad i cant spray either. i am after a 3 door not in diablo red!!! or that green colour but my parents wont drive more than 30 miles :/ and my mates are useless lol hence why i am struggling. i am going to do a engine rebuild on this car gti 6 if it dont go up to much money Smile
well if your searching within 30 miles then thats where you are failing
why dont you just bung your parents some fuel money to go further or buy your mate a satnav, failing that like springs says... get a train, just ask the seller to pick you up from the train station lol, if he wants to sell it that bad he will pick you up Big Grin
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
well if your searching within 30 miles then thats where you are failing
why dont you just bung your parents some fuel money to go further or buy your mate a satnav, failing that like springs says... get a train, just ask the seller to pick you up from the train station lol, if he wants to sell it that bad he will pick you up Big Grin

This is how I got my car. Travelled from Wrexham (North Wales) on 3 trains and a bus to to somewhere in Surrey. I then got the seller to meet me at the bus stop.
Test drive, barter, phone insurance, drive home, Done.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Yeah i did that got the train to wakefield bought the car phoned insurance company, filled up with fuel and then crapped myself every time i put my foot down lol
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i will find a way hopefully Smile i still want one which is close to me but the woman that owns it wont accept the head gasket or head is cracked, the engine coolant is literally foam :/ but she still wants £750 she saids her brother put oil in it lol yeah right. plus it has literally no exhaust its tied up with string its just epic fail, but i want it so bad.
Thanks given by: