G60

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G60
My mates just bought a golf with a 1.8 corrado g60 stage 1 jabba tuned supercharger running about 200 bhp at the wheels on a g60 mapit's immense most fun I've had in a long time not a pug topic but I thought is share my fun with you all
Thanks given by:
Have you got any photos? I've always had a soft spot for corrados. Sounds like a pretty cool build, though doesn't seem like a he'll of a lot of power, even if it is at the wheels.
Thanks given by:
Its a golf with a corrado engine, i love corados but hate golfs lol mark 1 or 2 golf?
Thanks given by:
Will take some and post them up

Mark 2 I think
Thanks given by:
Oops, read that completely the wrong way round!
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2013, 02:53 PM)Scott Wrote: Oops, read that completely the wrong way round!

Me too.

My uncle had a 'Rado VR6 back in the day, bright red. I thought it was the fastest thing ever lol.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I want a vr6 so bad!

But golf with Colorado engine sounds interesting. Get some pics up
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Vr6 is so FAIL matt!

G60's where its at. But the engine would been better off left in the carado tho

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
What u want is a g60 rallye Immense fun !!!!
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2013, 03:07 PM)Matt Wrote: But golf with Colorado engine sounds interesting. Get some pics up

It's pretty much the same engine the G60 Mk2 golf shipped with.
1.8 8V with a supercharger thats not very good.

200BHP at the wheels is abit of a fib, you'd need a rebuilt stage 4 charger and head modifications to get near to that figure.

Jabbasport have a reputation for inflating the BHP figures that come off their rollers now, people are starting to go elsewhere.
Thanks given by:
I'd love a vr, but back in the day when I was looking (late 2010), the ones I could afford on a roughly £2k budget were all dogs, rusty or with mega miles and usually with leaky sunroofs/lacquer peel.

The engines seem to last a fair while, but the rest of the car seems to rot around it unless it's been taken good care of; in which case the seller invariably knew what it was worth...

Confound that Top Gear episode that highlighted them as a futue classic come to fruition; they'd be an affordable classic if it wasnt for that!! lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
My mate couldn't sell his VR6 for £1300 6 months ago, to be fair it does have 200K on it, but the body and full leather interior are in great condition.
The drivers seat looks like it's done 40K!

The VR6 engine is well underpowered for what it is, and not under any stress.
I don't think mega miles affects the engines, it's the suspension and stuff that need attention.
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2013, 03:12 PM)Jukie88 Wrote: What u want is a g60 rallye Immense fun !!!!

Was looking at one of these the other week...how much!!!!!!!

A big nail the coffin was the insurance
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
i looked for G series vws the other day. There was only one Polo G40 and only a handful of G corrados and golfs D:
Thanks given by:
If you want a vr6 you wan the corrado vr6 it's 2.9 and had 30 more bhp than the 2.8 golf engine which is 170 bhp rado's roughly 200 bhp and tbh finding a decent rallye is hard in this country you better going abroad to get one
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2013, 03:10 PM)puglove Wrote: Vr6 is so FAIL matt!

G60's where its at. But the engine would been better off left in the carado tho

Nah, wrong way round mate. The G60 only manages 160bhp with a charger that needs a rebuild every 10k, and a VR6 makes that sound that a VR6 makes which is amazing.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
This is my m8s G60. It's mint and sounds sweet. He had the supercharged changed/tweeked and it's cammed up.

[Image: 2013-01-12083020.png]
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2013, 10:04 PM)Jukie88 Wrote: If you want a vr6 you wan the corrado vr6 it's 2.9 and had 30 more bhp than the 2.8 golf engine which is 170 bhp rado's roughly 200 bhp

Does it f*ck!

The corrado has 16 more BHP makes 188BHP, and thats if you believe the overly-estimated book figures.

Typical Vdub bullshit BHP figures, as bad as the Yanks!
Thanks given by:
Hate to say it, G60s are jank...

VR6s aint much better!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
love corrados!!!
mad to get one and drop a PD tdi engine in one - one day. . . .
Thanks given by:
I've had 2 mk2 golfs and they are good fun.

The VR6 is underpowered really for what it is, the G60 is decent (ish).

Better off buying a mk2 shell and putting a 1.8T AU* engine in for the price of a G60
Thanks given by:
I like the fact that a proper genuine g60 gives u that unique factor :-)
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2013, 08:31 AM)Diggers Wrote: This is my m8s G60. It's mint and sounds sweet. He had the supercharged changed/tweeked and it's cammed up.

[Image: 2013-01-12083020.png]

wheels = major want!
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
VR6's are a complete fail!
Thanks given by:
having a blast in a wound up car is where its at!
Thanks given by:
People are making the usual mistake of saying an engine is crap based purely on facts and figures. Even the 2.8 VR6 in the Golf is a great engine, and yes, 174bhp isn't a lot for a 2.8 V6, but the torque figure is huge and it's more about the way it delivers the power, because it's isn't hard tuned it's very lazy with a huge power band, there's literally power at any revs. It's also a pretty special engine being the first V6 designed for FWD, it sounds amazing, and it's pretty bulletproof. A car is not about facts an figures, it's about how it feels to drive, and a Corrado VR6 is a great car for just that reason, silky smooth, torquey V6, great chassis, smooth ride,great steering, great looks. That's why their a modern classic.

All I'm saying is don't judge a car on facts and figures, drive it for yourself.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Agreed ^^^^^
Thanks given by: