D turbo 247 to 283 GTI setup

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D turbo 247 to 283 GTI setup
I'm Changing to the bigger GTI brakes soon.

Rear is on drums and self adjusting mechanism is working well.

Running braided hoses all round.

Is it worth changing to the GTI master cylinder aswell?Is that much difference felt when using the stock D turbo master cylinder?
Thanks given by:
apparently with the gti master cylinder the brakes are less spongy.
Thanks given by:
not about sponginess!

Its about being able to apply the needed pressure to the bigger calipers.

Defo upgrade...I would seriously recommend upgrading the rears though...be quite out of balance....unless, what size drums are they??

go for 5.1 brake fluid too...did all the above to mine, braided lines, master and GTi all round, and with complete flush and 5.1 fluid...brake pedal feel is amamzing
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not less spongey on gti mc just a bit more travel in the pedal!! Tbh I would prefer a bit more travel in the pedal
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have a LOT LESS travel now than before...maybe just the entire setup...but its a huge difference.

When someone else drives my motor, I think they assume rough old brakes, first bend/junction they nearly do a Estop!!!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
See my 1155's when they are warm are either on or off i would prefer a bit more travel in the pedal
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if you do go to 5.1, make sure you have done a thorough flush, as you shouldnt mix them Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 08:53 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: if you do go to 5.1, make sure you have done a thorough flush, as you shouldnt mix them Big Grin

Thats not strictly true...but as good practice mine were fully flushed and empty before the 5.1 went in Itwasntme
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 09:04 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 08:53 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: if you do go to 5.1, make sure you have done a thorough flush, as you shouldnt mix them Big Grin

Thats not strictly true...but as good practice mine were fully flushed and empty before the 5.1 went in Itwasntme

ah is the 4 and 5 you shouldnt mix, 5.1 *should* be ok as its not silicon
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i have a gti MC to go on but i think i prefer having more travel tbh....i might not bother, it's annoying having too much bite at the top of the pedal, can still lock 'em up easy enough..
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
before ripp gets in...

If you have a 22.2mm master cylinder and upgrade to 23.8mm yes you get a better pedal but send LESS braking force so is a trade off.

I went 266mm and rear disc's and was gonna change my Master cylinder but along with a nice cock up by parts suppliers and doing extra reading i put in a new 22.2mm and brakes are spot on tbh IMO of course lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Iv got a gti mc but havent fitted it got no abs and its easy enough to lock it up
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by: