Keys??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keys??
Not sure if this is right section but if not admin please move it.

I own a 1996 phase 1 d turbo with the coded imbobliser (one were u put a four digit code in to start the car) right im after a new key

can I just buy another key (second hand 2 button one) and get a new blade in it cut to the same as mine and will that be ok?

Or dose the key have a chip in it that has to be coded?

Any help welcome

Thanks given by:
Chip is unique to the car you can reprogram the key to your car though there's a thread in the guides section on how to do it
Thanks given by:
Yeah but if it has the key pad does it need to be? I thought the chip was an imobiliser thing?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 08:55 PM)Matt Wrote: Yeah but if it has the key pad does it need to be? I thought the chip was an imobiliser thing?

Do p1s not have an immobiliser?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but to turn off the immobiliser you enter the code in the pin pad.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
In that case ill step back lol
Thanks given by:
Yer this is why I thought if there is no chip in the key cos of the manual coded imbobliser then it would save haveing to get the key programed. But just wanted to check before I go on the look out for some keys

So I just took my key apart and theres no chip, so is it just a case of getting another key and getting the blade cut same as mine? Also is it possible to use a key that is chipped? Cos could just pull chip out and bin in as it shouldnt affect it m I rite?

Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 09:10 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Yer this is why I thought if there is no chip in the key cos of the manual coded imbobliser then it would save haveing to get the key programed. But just wanted to check before I go on the look out for some keys

So I just took my key apart and theres no chip, so is it just a case of getting another key and getting the blade cut same as mine? Also is it possible to use a key that is chipped? Cos could just pull chip out and bin in as it shouldnt affect it m I rite?

yes to all your questions mate, it's that simple yeah . . .to test if an infared key works press the button and view the transmitter through a camera/phone and you will see red line if it's working . . . . .Smile
programming is easy too . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
So in that case any one got any 2 button keys cheap? Lol want 2 ideally

Thanks given by: