springs settling - how long?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
springs settling - how long?!
had some shocks and springs sitting off a car for around 1-2 months and just got round to fitting them to mine, how long before they settle at the height they're staying, on average?

supposed to be 40mm springs on shortened struts

[Image: IMG_20130108_085402.jpg]
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
They should settle within a couple of miles really?

That doesn't look far off -40mm... they 50-profile tyres?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
that's kind of what I thought with used springs, I jumped/bounced on the slam panel once they'd been fitted, and like I say only off a car for a month or 2.

yeah 195/50 backs at standard height
Thanks given by:
My old diablo was on -40mm spax springs iirc...

[Image: DSC05332.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks about the same, apart from the shining of your diablo, god I need to clean my car!
think I need to drop the back a bit though god damn it!
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 11:46 AM)kernow_joe Wrote: looks about the same, apart from the shining of your diablo, god I need to clean my car!
think I need to drop the back a bit though god damn it!

Oh that's a rubbish photo of the old diablo; i'd only thrown a sponge over it after driving it back home from Peterborough where I bought it!

[Image: Gti6BeforeRevival201130.jpg]

[Image: Gti6BeforeRevival2011.jpg]

[Image: Gti6BeforeRevival20113.jpg]

And the only Cornwall trip it made it to:
[Image: Pendennis16.jpg]

Shameless pic whoring, but god I miss that car :'(
Thanks given by:
any excuse hey Ed! was bloody lovely car.

I really need to spend some time and properly clean mine, its only ever had a quick clean not seen polish in probably about 4 years, but I need to give it a good clay before that, will do it properly when its dry/ I have time.
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 12:08 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: any excuse hey Ed! was bloody lovely car.

I really need to spend some time and properly clean mine, its only ever had a quick clean not seen polish in probably about 4 years, but I need to give it a good clay before that, will do it properly when its dry/ I have time.

Hey my new one is dirty-black no matter how hard I polish it, I need to whore the old one every so often Tongue

the Astor is actually HANGING at the moment. Filthy doesn't even cover it. I just cba to clean it, seeing as the weather is crap at the moment, and the lanes I have to drive to get to work just get it covered in mud and crap. Bring on the good weather!!
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 12:11 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Hey my new one is dirty-black no matter how hard I polish it, I need to whore the old one every so often Tongue

the Astor is actually HANGING at the moment. Filthy doesn't even cover it. I just cba to clean it, seeing as the weather is crap at the moment, and the lanes I have to drive to get to work just get it covered in mud and crap. Bring on the good weather!!

I feel exactly the same, my car looks nice for 5 minutes after its 'washed' (term used loosely) then drive out of my drive and its dirty again Sad
Thanks given by:
35mm drop on the correct profiles...just after fitting (about 20 miles iirc)

[Image: ChinaEstateLowering130.jpg]

However its dropped more after a few weeks, no recent pics though. Takes more than a week for them to settle properly in my experience anyway. Smile
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 02:23 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 35mm drop on the correct profiles...just after fitting (about 20 miles iirc)

However its dropped mrore after a few weeks, no recent pics though. Takes more than a week for them to settle properly in my experience anyway. Smile
correct profile lol!
Thanks given by:
Indeed. Wink

Don't care what anyone says, 55's fill the arches so much better on sensible lows (40-60mm). If youre going down ~80mm or so it'll look shite regardless of profile. lol
Thanks given by: