Luke's open 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luke's open 306
Fairplay, your bodywork detail is amazing, real nice job unlike some of the sheds you see in the uk
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Bespoke bumpers are very much awesome. Need to redo mine, it's trashed, but it's so easy to do and a million times better than anything off the shelf!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Look forward to the next update but 2 things...

Did you keep the Pinifarina badges from the rear quarter panels/behind the doors?

And why did you choose to leave the rear windows wound up when painting? They do go down lol..
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2013, 06:11 PM)Jacko Wrote: This car is brilliant, so much work and so much effort. I'd love a modified cabriolet but there's not much point over here. I'll stick to my motorbike for sunny days out!

didnt realize you where gay.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
she looks the part! nice red too!
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2013, 08:21 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Look forward to the next update but 2 things...

Did you keep the Pinifarina badges from the rear quarter panels/behind the doors?
No, they are gone by now. One will be placed inside after being refurbished Wink

C.A.R. Wrote:And why did you choose to leave the rear windows wound up when painting? They do go down lol..
The switch to unlock rear windows wasn't connected, when it was at the bodyshop because the whole interior was out Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Some more work at the interior:
Striped the dashboard out to take measurements for the new one Wink

Also bought a cheap set of Phase1 seats because i prefer the high form of the seats compared to the flat Phase3 ones.

Thanks given by:
Seats were retrimmed in black nappa leather from porsche and black suede on the inner areas like on the genuine GTI6 seats. To get another detail to mach the car i decided to use red stiches:

I wanted evereything to be covered with leather on the interior and worked out a plan with the tailor to make a corporate design pattern Wink More to come with the next update Big Grin
Thanks given by:
nice! much better standard than peugeot themselves haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
First trial of new dashboard:

The result:
dashboard is 1,2 inches to high, doorcard cutouts doesn't fit, a-pillar-cutouts doesn't fit, midsection is about 3 inches too long, speedo does not fit to the form of the cover ... so let's get started, a lot of work to be done Big Grin

P.S: The dashboard and midsection comes from a Citroen Xsara Inlove

Thanks given by:
Wow crazy amount of work! Me likey Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
This update is taking way too long!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, but have had my written exams last two weeks. Therefore no time for my project and picwhoring Nospeak

But here are some first pics of the interior TMI

And the last sexy part for today:

Now on the todo-list:
- fit an standard air filter box to get the mot.
- clean up engine bay
- build a mounting tray for fuse box
- wire up seat heating controller
- fit the new interior light into the roof-console and trim it with same suede like the seats Smile
- relocate the ignition into the custom made part in the dash B)
Thanks given by:
That's amazing!

Where are the buttons for the hood located now?
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 01:47 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: That's amazing!

Where are the buttons for the hood located now?
What do you mean with hood?
The switch for trunk and roof is in the centre console under the break-handle.
The ignition will be placed on the left like some Porsches use to do Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Sorry hood = roof, yea the buttons which used to be down by the rear ashtray.

Your interior is pretty much the best one we have on the site I think! Did you sew the leather on yourself?
Thanks given by:
No, i wish i could -.- so it was pain in the arse expensive Sad but i think it was worth it Big Grin
When i compare the OEM-Quality and now mine it is a gain Wink

I'll post later some new pics of the custom made things i done by myself Big Grin

(06-02-2013, 02:32 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Your interior is pretty much the best one we have on the site I think! Did you sew the leather on yourself?

Thanks BlushItwasntme
Thanks given by:
That ist the switch for roof and trunk (from a vw eos):

And here a view on the rear console with the buttons for rear windows:

(Ashtray missing atm)
Thanks given by:
Loving all the extra details and those heater dials look lush, would love a set in black, would way nicer than the cheapy plastic things.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Love this project !
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
mucho respecto!!

Wagen sieht sehr gut aus, dus hast viele arbeit rein gemacht, chapo

grusse aus Holland
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 11:11 AM)PE02KHG Wrote: Loving all the extra details and those heater dials look lush, would love a set in black, would way nicer than the cheapy plastic things.
That was before air condition was installed. At the moment it is standard. Planed is something like 306GT30 has Wink maybe he tells us the secret where to get the plasma dials Wink

(07-02-2013, 06:49 PM)306GT30 Wrote: mucho respecto!!

Wagen sieht sehr gut aus, dus hast viele arbeit rein gemacht, chapo

grusse aus Holland

Danke Smile
Where in holland are you from?
Love your turboooo build Inlove
Thanks given by:
Ich bin von Groningen...45 min von Leer ungefehr
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 10:10 AM)306GT30 Wrote: Ich bin von Groningen...45 min von Leer ungefehr

A ride of 250km one way Speechless maybe in summer Itwasntme

Looked up the shop where you got your dials from. Quite expensive stuff with lighted logo and plasma and custom design Nospeak
I will write an email for an offer to k-tec and look what price they will quote Wink
Thanks given by:
Awesome work on the interior chap. Dash swap works so well, Always prefered the Xsara dash over the 306's myself.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 03:14 PM)Pete Wrote: Awesome work on the interior chap. Dash swap works so well, Always prefered the Xsara dash over the 306's myself.

Thanks. But it is much more work than it looks. All the mounts and heater-pipes are different. Complete electric-wiring has to be redone and much more little things I never thought about at the beginning Doh
Thanks given by:
Small update:

Today passed the TÜV (=MOT) without failures Itwasntme
And also officially approved the cab with new license plates Smile

Next three weeks I have to get prepared for my exams but then it will go on here with some picwhoring and working down my todo-list Wink
Thanks given by:
Very nice!

I can't wait till I've got chance to mod mine as much as you've done! It's excellent!
Thanks given by:
Looks amazing , Best Cab ive seen!
Thanks given by:
You are throwing some serious cash at this car mate! jelous!!! Sad lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: