*EDITED WITH PICS!* Baker BM Adjustable camber, fixed caster Top Mounts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*EDITED WITH PICS!* Baker BM Adjustable camber, fixed caster Top Mounts
Niall they're fixed max caster in the stock chassis strut holes.
I'll take photos and chuck up a fitting guide, not had a chance to fit yet but am hoping to get round to it next weekend (bank holidays ftw!)
You can run them in the stock mounting holes but to get max adjustability you need to modify the stock strut holes...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2013, 04:06 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Niall they're fixed max caster in the stock chassis strut holes.
I'll take photos and chuck up a fitting guide, not had a chance to fit yet but am hoping Niall will get round to it next weekend (bank holidays ftw!)
You can run them in the stock mounting holes but to get max adjustability you need to modify the stock strut holes...

EFA
Except im not cutting your struts about. I am not taking responsibility when it goes tits up lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Rofl
No faith!! I'll be getting a hole-saw, it'll be FINE! Tongue

Nah honestly though if we split the sliding part of the mount, then bolt the main part to the strut top, we can literally put a hole saw into the recess and drill it out. Shouldn't be an issue I don't reckon... Anyways, we'll have a look Smile

And thanks for the Edit Wink

Got an ever growing pile of shinies for the bank-holiday weekend; proper keen to get going now!!
Thanks given by:
well i will bring my hole saws but as i said, your car. you can take responsibility. i would never hear the end of it if i buggered it up lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well bit of a failure this weekend. I got to Saturday, and just ran out of enthusiasm for the car. So I chucked the parts in the boot and went up to see Niall & Sam to 'help' fix the nad.

On the plus side, I did trial fit the mounts without the coilovers on, and it looks to be a pretty straight-forward fit. I could've fitted them without any strut modification, but I couldn't be bothered so ended up re-greasing the compbrake ones and refitting those as they were already on the coilovers!

I'm sure I'll get 5minutes over the coming month to piss about and fit them, and will update when I have! Looking at it though I'll definitely benefit from the use of a dremel to make sure the cut-outs are done right!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti 6 beam no camber £50 Teddy 3 947 19-12-2015, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Teddy
  For Sale | Baker BM Group A bottom engine fork mount zx_volcane 8 2,230 24-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Slam Wagon
  Brand New: BBM Adjustable Top mounts + Rear beam mounts Grant 2 1,850 22-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Grant