hello there!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello there!
hey guys, just bought a 1.4 306 meridian the other day, its my 3rd car and the insurance was dead cheap after 10 months of driving and im loving it so far!

few niggles though, the airbag light NEVER comes on, bulb?
theres a knock from the back, the camber on the rear seems okay so imguessing bushes?
the gearbox is abit whiny and clunky
the locks only lock when the passengers lock is already locked, else they just pop up and down and the indicators dont flash when i lock it!
and the front left tyre is bald on btoh sides of the tyre, whats causing this?
and whats the little button on the remote for?

cheers guys here a pic after a polish, but before sealer!

[Image: 293622_4500256463467_1144408328_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along.

1. Bulb
2. Beam mounts/bushes
3. Try a gearbox oil change
4. Break in the wire somewhere. Have a look at the loom
5. Tyre pressure low I believe
6. Little button is deadlocks no?

Also needs more lows with the lensos
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2013, 07:35 PM)Matt Wrote: Welcome along.

1. Bulb
2. Beam mounts/bushes
3. Try a gearbox oil change
4. Break in the wire somewhere. Have a look at the loom
5. Tyre pressure low I believe
6. Little button is deadlocks no?

Also needs more lows with the lensos
okay cheers, what does the deadlocks do sorry? im useless with modern cars ive only had old ones!
theyre not lensos theyre genuine bbs!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along

A deadlock stops the doors being open from inside or out and is more secure :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
1. Yeo somebody has probably removed the bulb as it was flashing all the time. check the connections under the front seats. if they are the original orange clips etc then youre best of cutting them off and soldering them. You may find a better way such as crimping as its a pain having to resolder them everytime you take the seats out.

2. Knocking is probably worn beam mounts. However do check your wheel nuts as its becoming quite common that people undo them for laughs etc.

3. The gearboxes on the 1.4 are pretty poor. They just are clunky etc but as said above an oil change may help. If you want to remove some of the play and make it feel better look into getting a short shifter!

4. Check the door looms. open the door and they are the black bit. Its fairly common for the wires to break which then causes so many problems its unreal! Check the drivers side door first as that should be the most abused.

5. Yep check tyre pressure. Some small pumps are crap at gauging the pressure so use one at a garage if you can spare 20p.

6. Not sure what it is on phase 2. Phase 3 is RF locking and Phase 2 (yours) is IR locking btw.

and welcome! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Welcome
As said change the oil in the box go to pug and buy it from them don't use any other oil as it can cause problems. Smile

Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 01:34 AM)spike2002 Wrote: Welcome
As said change the oil in the box go to pug and buy it from them don't use any other oil as it can cause problems. Smile

Oh ive put comma oil in it now, i had to put two litres in to get it leaking out of the filler, i shall replace the bulb and check the wiring cheers guys, is having worn rear bushes dangerous? Id rather wait till half term to sort them, cheers for the replies guys!
Got two new tyres for the front, uniroyal rainexperts, il let you guys know how they go, getting tracking done too tomorrow.
The gearlever moves when i accelerate and its abit clunky, gearbox mount?
Thanks given by:
Welcome along pal

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Welcome!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 12:54 AM)SRowell Wrote: 1. Yeo somebody has probably removed the bulb as it was flashing all the time. check the connections under the front seats. if they are the original orange clips etc then youre best of cutting them off and soldering them. You may find a better way such as crimping as its a pain having to resolder them everytime you take the seats out.

2. Knocking is probably worn beam mounts. However do check your wheel nuts as its becoming quite common that people undo them for laughs etc.

3. The gearboxes on the 1.4 are pretty poor. They just are clunky etc but as said above an oil change may help. If you want to remove some of the play and make it feel better look into getting a short shifter!

4. Check the door looms. open the door and they are the black bit. Its fairly common for the wires to break which then causes so many problems its unreal! Check the drivers side door first as that should be the most abused.

5. Yep check tyre pressure. Some small pumps are crap at gauging the pressure so use one at a garage if you can spare 20p.

6. Not sure what it is on phase 2. Phase 3 is RF locking and Phase 2 (yours) is IR locking btw.

and welcome! Big Grin

Spent wasted time there sam. I already answered everything.....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: