Crazy throttle problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy throttle problems
Well, not throttle since diesels don't have a throttle, but you know what I mean. Also, possibly not an XUD, not sure what the proper name is for a 1.5nad, but it's not a petrol or an di electrical nightmare, so thought i'd put it in here. Basically my 106 has issues with working out what power I want when I keep the accelerator partially depressed - it will surge and hesitate at random, sometimes changes the idle speed, minor flat spots at WOT. Anyway, video probably explains better:

[Image: th_MOV01153.jpg]

Further info:
Possibly, but not necessarily, related problems - starts on 2/3 cylinders when cold and has cut out once or twice shortly after starting for the first time of a day, problem is also much worse when it's very cold or has been sat for a long time. Thoughts on possible causes were glow plugs, sticky injectors or air's getting into the fuel somewhere. Maybe a combination of a couple, or even all three, who knows... Well, hopefully one of you, so...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
FYI its a TUD Smile My guess would be air getting in tbh, explains the bad starting, flat spots etc.
Thanks given by:
yep and there was a rally version used in the pro championship which was a TU Racing D
Thanks given by:
Yeah, air getting in was my main thought, any idea of most likely culprits? Fuel grenade, injectors, tank pick-up?

Tbh I like it when it surges, briefly feels like it's got good power lol. Can't imagine this thing racing anywhere, not for lack of trying though Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No guesses then, bugger. It's started cutting out now, is getting worse by the day. Just haven't got time to fix it with everything else going on. :S
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Air in fuel or a clogged fuel filter
Thanks given by:
my 106 NAD sounded the same
the reason i found was
pick up in the tank was blocked also the filter was blocked on a second time .was due to running high fat content veg oil Smile
Thanks given by:
lol @ your commentary "wtf is all that about"
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Might just take the filter out then, sod it. Once the HDi is back the nad-wagon will be getting boosted, ragged and killed, all in the space of a week, so it's not like it needs a new filter. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Spray brake cleaner or wd 40 over injectors and anywhere sort of fuel related wen on idle if it has a air leak shell pick up on revs then uv found ur leak..
[Image: blazejpg1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah good tip, will try that tomorrow, cheers. Smile

Will have a look at the filter, pick up and grenade too and see what i find.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Mine has a similar issue, but only after I've been full throttle such as at a junction. In 5th gear flat out you don't notice it but from 2nd to 3rd you definitely get some form of surging for about 5 seconds. The throttle feels a lot more sensitive for that period, it's really strange. I'm going to change the fuel filter this weekend if I get chance as I had her cut out randomly on the motorway for 5 seconds yesterday.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by: