How many miles do you do a week?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many miles do you do a week?
THE_Liam Wrote:
NiallHarper Wrote:Skoda just loves motorway miles!

So does mine Big Grin

About all there good for though!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
hmm, should I be getting pretty worried :S
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:hmm, should I be getting pretty worried :S
Whys that?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Chris Wrote:Done 10k in 7 months I've had the HDi

About the same for me. Depending on where I'm working I do between 300-600 miles per week, the M62's my 2nd home lol
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Whys that?

Lol do some reading.....multiple threads, including this one!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I do about 250-500 miles a week, too many !
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:

Yes...............very! I would carry a big stick with you at all times just in case! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Why the hell have half of you got diesels??????????
40 miles a week? surely be financially better off with a petrol factoring price of fuel in uk, tax etc.
(although how petrol is cheaper when the lorry delivering it is powered by diesel is beyond me!)

Currently im doing between 100-150 a day! Thats in a petrol, miss my diesel mpg Sad
Thanks given by:
sweeney1987 Wrote:Why the hell have half of you got diesels??????????
40 miles a week? surely be financially better off with a petrol factoring price of fuel in uk, tax etc.
(although how petrol is cheaper when the lorry delivering it is powered by diesel is beyond me!)

Currently im doing between 100-150 a day! Thats in a petrol, miss my diesel mpg Sad

'Coz we all love DA BOOOST Wink
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Used to do about 300 (Oxford - South Wales) weekly

Now I live locally, so do about 50 a week.

Toxic-Jake Wrote:'Coz we all love DA BOOOST Wink

I have petrol and DA BOOOST Wink
Thanks given by:
About 200-250 at the weekends, then probably less than 20 during the week!

Had to do without the car last weekend, trying to get 100 miles home and back on Friday and Sunday without a car ain't fun!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
I do about 500 miles a week, probably slightly more but its mostly Motorway/Dual carriageway use.
Thanks given by:
500 a week roughly
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Lol.......some of you do less in a week than I do most days! :o

50ish miles today.....on a day that I wasn't going out at all to save fuel!! Always running bloody errands for other people lol. Doh That said, my car is about the only place I like being in........
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Lol.......some of you do less in a week than I do most days! :o

50ish miles today.....on a day that I wasn't going out at all to save fuel!! Always running bloody errands for other people lol. Doh That said, my car is about the only place I like being in........

Well if someone asks you to do them a favour, tell them to FOAD!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

That's because you live in the sticks though...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:

Well if someone asks you to do them a favour, tell them to FOAD!

Lol....thats not very nice though...........especially when it's my Mum or Nan lol. Tongue
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:

That's because you live in the sticks though...

True - 25 mile round trip just to town.......if I want to go to any 'out of town' shops (halfords/asda etc) thats over 30mile round trip!! Can't wait to move into a flat on the outskirts of town.......just gotta find some money first.....
Thanks given by:
I'd happily swap with you Tom, living in cities is shite. Crime, noise, smog, chavs, traffic, high rents....
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:I'd happily swap with you Tom, living in cities is shite. Crime, noise, smog, chavs, traffic, high rents....

I don't wanna live in the town/city either, just sort of in the suburbs....

I live basically on an estuary between two big ports so there's plenty or noise and smog here too, boat fuel smells rank! And we have plenty of chavs.... lol

my nan lives between my village and town.....and its so nice there.....but also really boring! Completely dead there...no noise, only smell is farming (muck spreading lol)..... :yawn:

But where ever you live there's always gonna have to be compromises, nowhere is perfect I guess.
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:I'd happily swap with you Tom, living in cities is shite. Crime, noise, smog, chavs, traffic, high rents....

Yeah I agree with you on that. One thing I've always wondered is where do you guys work on your cars? I agree with Tom, the 'burbs are ideal, it's where I would be looking to setup.
Thanks given by:
Pay for what you get though, my bro is paying less for his 4-bed, two bathroom, double-garage, acre of garden, enough driveway for 8 cars, jammy bastard of a house, than I am for my two-bed terrace - purely because i live in the suburbs and he's in the middle of nowhere. Swap any day...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah im lucky i live in the sticks have a great laugh on the roads around here
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:

Yeah I agree with you on that. One thing I've always wondered is where do you guys work on your cars? I agree with Tom, the 'burbs are ideal, it's where I would be looking to setup.

Well, I use my driveway...
Thanks given by:
I'm in bath for Uni and I hate the city! Bath is like one of the smallest cities and it's too busy for me! Love being in the village where I live. It takes ten minutes to get tithe towns either side so its ideal!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:

Usually on one of my drives....both are sloping, one is slimy mud and the other is gravel....so really I'd be better off with a tarmac car park behind a flat than here for cars! Doh
Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Pay for what you get though, my bro is paying less for his 4-bed, two bathroom, double-garage, acre of garden, enough driveway for 8 cars, jammy bastard of a house, than I am for my two-bed terrace - purely because i live in the suburbs and he's in the middle of nowhere. Swap any day...

Really? I didn't realise that! .....but that said, we have a corner plot bungalow overlooking the water so that's not exactly cheap! :laugh:

I genuinely thought certain areas of town would be cheaper than out in the country! :o

My dad has moved to a flat right in the town centre now (i wouldn't wanna be that close) but when you're inside you can't hear the traffic or noise so I'm not sure that'd be a problem, you really wouldn't know he was in the town centre tbh, but he barely gets to drive so I wouldn't wanna live where he does.

The other big reason I wanna move closer to to town is my distance problem.....half an hour gets a lot further when it already takes 25 mins to get to town atm! It would also help a hell of a lot with the anxiety, as I'd be living on my own too.
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah that'd be premium alright.

Some areas of town are cheaper, but i'm not sure it's worth it. There's a place called megesson avenue just up the road from me; it's chavvy enough to have a more-or-less constant police presence and it drags the local property values down, but you'll still pay £500pcm for a minute, two-bed flat with one parking space. I daresay you can't hear the traffic inside a flat there, mainly because it'd be drowned out by the screams and crackling of burning tower-blocks, but hey, same difference right... :S

Living in town isn't bad, I just miss fresh air and greenery. And dislike pikey little shits from up the road trying to rob the valve caps off my car whilst i'm right there washing it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Haha yeah that'd be premium alright.

Some areas of town are cheaper, but i'm not sure it's worth it. There's a place called megesson avenue just up the road from me; it's chavvy enough to have a more-or-less constant police presence and it drags the local property values down, but you'll still pay £500pcm for a minute, two-bed flat with one parking space. I daresay you can't hear the traffic inside a flat there, mainly because it'd be drowned out by the screams and crackling of burning tower-blocks, but hey, same difference right... :S

Living in town isn't bad, I just miss fresh air and greenery. And dislike pikey little shits from up the road trying to rob the valve caps off my car whilst i'm right there washing it.

Lol, that sounds like a nice area!! lol £500 a month though :o Wow....I was expecting more like ~£300 (one bed though, I'm not plannimg anything else atm lol). 40hrs a week at min wage (£6ish) = £960 a month...thats over half the wage just on rent! Shiiiiiit..............I'll never be able to move out............I'll be like 40 still living here with the shitty golf! Confusedhock: :nope:

Oh and here ain't much better for small crime......I had my dice valve caps nicked. Sad And lots of things go missing, or get spray painted, fuel stolen, tyre slashings......the country isn't as nice as you might think! Edit - and sometimes you get beans, biscuits and flour left on your windscreen! Rolleyes

You can get fresh air and greenery at weekends on nice long summer drives too.... 8-)
Thanks given by:
If I get my promotion, me and Gen are talking about moving out of Leeds to one of the smaller villages, maybe somewhere near Skipton or Pateley Bridge Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PROJECT OF THE WEEK bashbarnard 20 3,759 27-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  WANT! Why is it 25 miles away :( cpikey316_ 29 5,082 18-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  So its that day of the week again.. FRIDAY! Matt-Rallye 16 2,690 01-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Poodle