306 Airbag plus Clock Spring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Airbag plus Clock Spring
I am having a mental block of how these two devices are meant to go together:
[Image: P1010032_zps194672c5.jpg]Airbag is phase 1, clock spring is phase 1 so I am sure they are correct, but there seems to be a different plug on the end of the clock spring.
Thanks given by:
Doesnt that red plug have a sqaure 'lump' sticking out the other side? Cant really see the pic clearly.
Thanks given by:
Red thing goes into a red plug on the steering column, and black plug plug goes into air bag i guess.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
The plugs are a completely different type to the socket on the airbag.
Thanks given by:
Its the wrong part then.....get the right one.... Confused
Thanks given by:
Are you absolutely definite it was plugged in when you pulled it apart? Or is it a replacement you've bought? Its looking like you've been given the wrong part Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
He broke the previous one lol, this is a scrappy part...and clearly not right!
Thanks given by:
Tom, I often tolerate you, but you are being particularly annoying in this thread. If the airbag is phase 1 and the clock spring is phase 1, you would assume they are the right parts. So it looks like I've been ripped off then! 13 quid down the drain and I'm stuck with a completely useless obscure piece of plastic. Bought it off Ebay so too much hassle to send back. So it seems there are two different types of phase 1 airbag.
Thanks given by:
Well I'm not being funny mate...a plug is a plug, if it doesn't fit because it's the wrong shape/size its not the right one is it.... Confused

I know this is ph3, but isn't that orange plug 'lump' the right fitting for your wheel airbag? As said, the pic in the first post isn't too clear.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/99-PEUGEOT-306...2ec5145bb5
Thanks given by:
Yes I looked at this one but I didn't buy it against my better judgement because it said it was from a phase 3 and I thought although the plug was right the system might be somehow different in a non obvious way. For some reason the price had changed from 11.24 to 11.99 as wellUndecided Looks like this is going to be really annoying and expensive! I hate having a spare clock spring around that I can't use because it is so useless for anything else!
Thanks given by:
You could sell your one on again on ebay. Smile
Thanks given by:
The plug should be orange.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Birk is indeed correct. I bought the other clock spring (the one for the V reg) and although it had the correct airbag plug the connector plug was wrong. This is the connector plug for the steering column wire to clock ring:

[Image: P1010033_zps8982a515.jpg]

This is the plug on the clock spring with the correct airbag plug but wrong connector plug:
[Image: P1010034-1_zps86e37969.jpg]

They clearly don't go together properly:
[Image: P1010037_zps21fe50e9.jpg]

Total wasted on useless clock springs:

£25

This is very annoying.
Thanks given by:
Thats ridiculous! Dodgy Confused

How can there be so many variations! Undecided

Is there a scrapyard near you where you could check the plugs before buying?
Thanks given by:
Heh, tell me about it. It's not as though you can use the damn things for anything else either. The chances of my local scrappy having a phase 1 306 with an airbag are about maybe 2%. Then theres the fuel costs in driving there and back. I can't call them to ask because they wouldn't have a clue what type of clock spring I need.
Thanks given by:
Just dont plug it in? Or buy a 205 gti steering wheel? Chances are in a crash the airbag wont go off anyway
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airbag light still on after removing and reinstalling airbag 306Puggy 28 15,681 26-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Last Post: 3gan
  Airbag clock spring 306Puggy 8 3,114 20-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Last Post: 306Puggy
  Tempurature clock to non temp clock Ben Jay 10 3,223 28-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Foxy-jim