map and exhaust done

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
map and exhaust done
So i had the car mapped and full system with dcat by longlife and well there no smoke no poke as feels slow, i just feel disapointed for the amount spent on it?
Thanks given by:
Who did your map?
Thanks given by:
longlife in basingstoke
Thanks given by:
Maybe you expected to much? Was it not rolling roaded when it was mapped?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
no just chucked on there comp
Thanks given by:
Thatd probably explain it then.. A lot of companies still use the old 108bhp generic maps, rather than a higher power map from say whippy or tb205
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
anyone know where i can get another map done cheap in the hampshire area then?
Thanks given by:
Yes! what ECU code is it?
I have a few maps and may be able to help, if not I can write on that you get done by whippy, or steve etc.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i have no idea bud, im shit when comes to machanical, just drive the car
Thanks given by:
Look on the ECU, the code is printed on a sticker...you need the last three numbers, ie 249, 592 etc
Thanks given by:
Whippy for the win
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
575 is last 3 numbs
Thanks given by:
As suggested before bud, get a proper map off one of the forum mappers.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I got a 120bhp stage one map from longlife and it made a big difference. Deffinitely no stage two or anything but still very noticable
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
doesnt feel like a big diffrence and if could poodle i would but to far away thats why askin if anyone local
Thanks given by:
Should have asked before you jumped mate! You spent a lot of money iirc for that remap where you could have got one alot cheaper. I'll take you out in mine if you want. Will have to be monday though as im heading to krisbs tuesday
Thanks given by:
ok mate be good to see the diffrence
Thanks given by:
pm'd my number
Thanks given by:
so went out in my brothers 406 hdi estate tonight and it flys compares to mine and its standard?????? doin my head in now
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2013, 03:52 PM)MIKE-FORD Wrote: doesnt feel like a big diffrence and if could poodle i would but to far away thats why askin if anyone local

Chris lives just outside andover dude talk to him!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Youre relying on your bum dyno right? If so, a standard car probably will feel as quick due to the differences in exhaust. Basically your free flow system allows the turbo to spool up quicker and more progressively, so you dont get that torque spike at 2k rpm and it wont feel as quick. Try going head to head with your bro and see how you fare.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yep that is a good idea, rolling start from 40mph in 4th on a DC, make sure you both floor it at the same time.

Problem with remaps from any old place is you have no idea how good they are. It might be a dodgy special with about 107bhp or it might be pretty good at around 120-125bhp with that exhaust.

When I got my Celtic remap many many moons ago I didn't think it was fast but it was 205lbft and 122bhp on the dyno (and it was a good dyno), but it was horribly smoky too...

Until you spend some time testing or money on a dyno checking it to be sure, you can't really rely too much on the old bum-dyno as Poodle said, it's not so reliable Big Grin

Dave
Thanks given by:
Or post a video of a 30 to 70mph run?
Thanks given by:
On a flat, not up hill hehe Wink Big Grin
Thanks given by: