Computer or Coilovers?

Poll: Computer or Coilovers?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Computer
76.00%
19 76.00%
Coilovers
24.00%
6 24.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer or Coilovers?
Im hoping that once Ive got some parts sold and finished fixing my car Im going to have about £500 spare My problem is I cant decide weather to spend it on a new computer as mine has really started dying on its arse recently (its slow at everything even browsing the web even though the net is as fast as it ever was) and the one I want is about £500 or should I spend my money on some decent coilovers that once you include new top mounts will be about £500 but will make my car look awesome.

Votes in the poll please.
Thanks given by:
computer as the car wont last long enough to fit the coilies too
Thanks given by:
Yep you will scrap the car before the coilovers are dispatched!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You could build an awesome PC for £500, and you'd get something much better building rather than buying. You'll get more use out of a new computer.
Thanks given by:
I vote computer too.
Thanks given by:
Budget computer and budget coilovers?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Computer will last longer
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Computer. In seriousness the car won't last long
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Computer.

But definitely do not build it yourself lol. After years of 'hand built' pcs I finnally bought a proper one for £300 last year, best decision I ever made tbh. The people that say building is better than buying forget how computer retarded some of us are. lol
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 07:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Computer.

But definitely do not build it yourself lol. After years of 'hand built' pcs I finnally bought a proper one for £300 last year, best decision I ever made tbh. The people that say building is better than buying forget how computer retarded some of us are. lol

I'll argue the other side of this coin. My bro and i do computer repairs/maintenance as a bit of a hobby, not really in it for the money, but we can build a mid-range gaming pc for £400, so £500 should see you get a decent setup, with change to spare.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
LOL thats pretty conclusive in favor of new computer which TBH is the way I was leaning anyway.

Steve budget coilies and budget computer is a waste of £500

Scott yes Im gonna build my own computer, It looks easy enough and if it does all go tits up theres enough people on here or at work who can fix it for me. Really tempted by one of them clear acrylic cases but apparently theyer pretty fragile and airflow isn't the best.
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 07:19 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: LOL thats pretty conclusive in favor of new computer which TBH is the way I was leaning anyway.

Steve budget coilies and budget computer is a waste of £500

Scott yes Im gonna build my own computer, It looks easy enough and if it does all go tits up theres enough people on here or at work who can fix it for me. Really tempted by one of them clear acrylic cases but apparently theyer pretty fragile and airflow isn't the best.

Plus it'd look shit once the dust starts getting inside the case.
Thanks given by:

bollox! it totally depends onw hat parts youre putting in! Ive made four of them now for work, parents and mates and they are all epic. you can get a very good setup for £500!
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 07:34 PM)SRowell Wrote:

bollox! it totally depends onw hat parts youre putting in! Ive made four of them now for work, parents and mates and they are all epic. you can get a very good setup for £500!

Agreed although i just cant be arsed with it all anymore. Would rather just go and buy a decent laptop and use it. Havent got room for a desktop any more!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

But you're not one one of us computerly retarded people.... Tongue
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 07:19 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Steve budget coilies and budget computer is a waste of £500

Well whats the budget coilover price £200?
That's £300 for a computer build, bearing in mind I just turned an old shed into a competent games machine for ~ £110
£30 cpu tripple core overclocked to 3.2ghz
£25 gpu , cheap because dvi port doesn't work but I only use hdmi /vga
£25 for motherboard because it was customer return and no box
£30 for ram , with heatsinks on because why not
Kept the old case, heatsinks, power supply, hardrive and dvd drives cause they dont need replacing.
And got 20" widescreen monitor with built in usb ports for £40 on gumtree

So it's possible to do both?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 07:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

But you're not one one of us computerly retarded people.... Tongue

damn straight im not but everyone has to start somewhere! My heart sank when i ordered 800 quids worth of computer parts knowing i had to put them together and i hadnt done it before. Its easy and one of the best things ever now taking shiny things out of even shinier boxes! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Easy to put together yeah...the issues I had were comptrability and software...I'll still to mechanical things I can actually see and touch lol.
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 10:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Easy to put together yeah...the issues I had were compatibility and software...I'll still to mechanical things I can actually see and touch lol.

Tom im the same, building should be pretty easy for me as its all mechanicals and if i can see how its supposed to work I can do it.

The software side Im not so good with and im not very good with stuff that I cant see how it works. Im just going for a windows 7 based machine and TBH once its up and running windows and has internet everything else is pretty easy to fix.

Dont think Im gonna be able to build quite what id like to for £500 but Ill get the basics and stuff like RAM, GPU and the stupidly large second hard drive I want can be updated/added at a later date. Id love a 3 monitor set up as I really enjoy using them at work, the monitors are cheap enough second hand but it needs a reasonable bit of graphics power to run anything like video or games across 3 of them.

Been out and bought the first bits for it today though, had to get a new keyboard and mouse as my current computer is still running on the round plug for both mouse and keyboard and the new motherboards dont support that so got myself a nice new wireless USB keyboard and mouse but like its a mini one small enough that i can hold it in my hands and reach all the buttons like a games controller (I do have proper man hands though)
Thanks given by:
Tom, I can safely say, we never underestimate just how retarded you are Wink Tongue

Did I mention I've a nice FSP Hexa 550w peak PSU for sale? Angel
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2013, 05:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 10:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Easy to put together yeah...the issues I had were compatibility and software...I'll still to mechanical things I can actually see and touch lol.

Tom im the same, building should be pretty easy for me as its all mechanicals and if i can see how its supposed to work I can do it.

The software side Im not so good with and im not very good with stuff that I cant see how it works. Im just going for a windows 7 based machine and TBH once its up and running windows and has internet everything else is pretty easy to fix.

Dont think Im gonna be able to build quite what id like to for £500 but Ill get the basics and stuff like RAM, GPU and the stupidly large second hard drive I want can be updated/added at a later date. Id love a 3 monitor set up as I really enjoy using them at work, the monitors are cheap enough second hand but it needs a reasonable bit of graphics power to run anything like video or games across 3 of them.

Been out and bought the first bits for it today though, had to get a new keyboard and mouse as my current computer is still running on the round plug for both mouse and keyboard and the new motherboards dont support that so got myself a nice new wireless USB keyboard and mouse but like its a mini one small enough that i can hold it in my hands and reach all the buttons like a games controller (I do have proper man hands though)
Best stop up on batteries for your mouse then, because wireless mouses [correct term apparently when I had an argument in PC world with a PC neek] eat batteries for fun. Well atleast the 2 I had did.

Just make sure you don't do what most people do who are new to PC building and open the motherboard box and grab it in excitement.
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
meh id say computer as you wont keep the 406 long, and prob not likly to have another, if they were dor a 306 then fair enough as they would be usfull on the next 10 306's you buy

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I've had a wireless mouse and keyboard since buying my PC (Sept 2011) and was surprised how little battery they use for the amount of use they get lol!

Keyboard I've changed the batteries (2x AAA) once, mouse (1x AA) twice...........thats really not bad IMO!!

Then again, its things that have a vibrate function that use a lot more battery power..... Confused

....leccy razors, leccy toothbrushes, xbox controllers..... lol
Thanks given by:
You spend enough time scrapping cars. If you buy a computer, are you sure you can find space in your busy scrapping schedule to start scrapping these too?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Chris I'll give you a hand with building it and setting it up, give me a shout when you're ready financially.
Thanks given by:
If only building cars were as easy as building PC's.

Even a monkey can build a PC from a pile of components. Smile

If your considering 2nd hand parts I have a fairly decent GPU I'd part with.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer gurus - crashing PC ginge191 8 1,878 24-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  Computer People - Is this a virus? Toms306 53 12,381 28-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  Computer help needed - Bios Daniel306 8 1,530 15-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: JamesPT