Fuel pressure regulator issues :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pressure regulator issues :(
Hi all car was cutting out under hard acceleration, changed the fuel pressure Regulator, all was fine for a day. Now the car will run for a day then splutter, cut out, only rev upto 2.4k and over run. To cure the problem I remove the regulator and reinstall. Again all is ok for a few hours. I'm thinking either the o-rings on the regulator are worn or the old regulator did have a flat end with a hole, the new has a point, would this cause an issue?
Thanks given by:
Yes, you need to replace using the same type.
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure I swapped mine (one with the filter on end) with one from a 406 hdi ( flat with hole) and it's been working fine ever since.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Hi all issue is sorted, there are two types of pressure regulator. If u have a flat ended regulator you must swap it with the same type. If u put a pointed 1 in it will still run for a little while then cut out, and the fault will reoccur. Might be handy for someone to know. Thanks for the help. Tom
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, not convinced that was your problem tbh, i've swapped the two types without issue on several other cars. Thanks for taking the time to update though. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel Pressure Regulator JTaylor2005 3 2,152 11-04-2018, 07:30 AM
Last Post: mr_fish
Brick No fuel pressure Uberderv 13 3,059 04-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
  expected fuel rail pressure figure... pug306driver 8 1,851 12-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Toms306