406 Silver/Black Edition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
406 Silver/Black Edition
Hello! Went to the scrappers today but it was closed. I did however have a peek through the gates and they had a 205 on the right of the gate and a 406 coupe on the left. Thought I might be getting luck with some bargain brembos but I doubt it has them.

It did however have some funky alloys and after a bit of research Ive come to the conclusion that it is a silver/black edition. Only 400 were made and they were the 2.0L petrol and 2.2 HDI.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-52-PEUGEO...3a7d11ce20

Heres a link to one on ebay so you can have a look. Whats worth saving off it? I doubt I could save the entire car seeing as its already past the first set of gates but not actually in the breaking bit of the yard.

Im thinking the steering wheel, half leathers if it has them, brakes if they are decent and maybe the alloys as they looked like new and I have never seen them before. Dont particularly like them though D:

More info: http://www.406coupeclub.org/Coupe_Specifications.asp#SA

Im going to go to Liverpool tomorrow for 3 days so hopefully all the decent bits wont have gone by the time I get back. Im going to try and get in at 9am tomorrow on my way up north D:

Thoughts?
Thanks given by:
Where is it!!

I need a couple of interior bits for mine
Thanks given by:
Swampy what do you need? There's always 406s in my local
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Surprised you'd go for a black edition mate.... lol

Anyway, try and salvage the whole car if its in good condition........project number 2? ninja Or we could break it, sell the stuff on ebay and easily double you're money... Wink
Thanks given by:
wheels are funky . .what they be? . . 16's . .Smile

(01-01-2013, 06:04 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Surprised you'd go for a black edition mate.... lol

Anyway, try and salvage the whole car if its in good condition........project number 2? ninja Or we could break it, sell the stuff on ebay and easily double your money... Wink

. . . . . . . .:p
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Wheels look like Ripspeed specials, absolutely minging!

Seats look half decent though.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol Matt, I noticed it but its too much of a pita to edit on my phone lol
Thanks given by:
The alloys are 16s. Ill have a look at it. Doubt I can buy it off them. Then again... I wouldnt mind. It had police on white marker written across it. Looked mint from where I saw it. Maybe its crashed on the other side. Then again if its a police job its much more likely to be a drugs thing so it could be a mint car but has to be crushed?

I know the dash trim and door handles are the important things. The half leathers are rarer but arent as good as the full leathers as they dont have heating and memory foam stuff. Brakes arent the brembos. Alloys are pretty rare too but they are awful. If they are cheap Ill have them though!

(01-01-2013, 06:00 PM)swampy Wrote: Where is it!!

I need a couple of interior bits for mine

what do you need and Ill see what I can do!
Thanks given by:
The dimming rear interior mirror

And the clock from dashboard

I'm yet to find a decent breakers in Peterborough the only one that let you get stuff your self closed ages ago
Thanks given by:
yep so rear view mirror and the clock as in the entire speedo or just the digi clock?

Okay I have spoken to the parents. Im going to go down to the yard tomorrow morning and ask why its there. If i can buy it then I will have to have a serious think. Borrow a trailer and tow it 8 miles to my grans street. Doubt she will want another car on her drive (already has the 1.8 in bits Sad ) so i will have to park it down the road and hope none of the old people complain to the police! Parents have said I can get it... i think... depending on whats wrong. I think its because i did fix the estate that they have some faith that I can fix it. And when I say I I mean tom Tongue

I should have got the number plate off it so I could find out what engine it has. Either 2.2 petrol or the 2.2 hdi. Either way its a winner! If its in for being scrapped then its worth what? £150 as a cube? SO surely I can buy it for under £200?

It does have police written on the drivers window in the white marker that the police use. So whats peoples thoughts on that. It doesnt look to have any damage so maybe its a drugs thing? Isnt it that if you get caught dealing from a car they take your car and by law they have to crush it?

If I cant buy it then Ill get off it what I can, half leathers, limited edition dash trim, dimming mirror, alloys, brakes, engine cover etc. Should have JBL 10 speaker sound system too. Sat nav was an optional extra so fingers crossed!
Thanks given by:
Right went and saw this today. It is a black edition and its the 2.2 hdi so Its one of only 150 ever made. The drivers side ring and door are dented and the back bumper is cracked but apart from that its mint. Especially the inside apart from the drivers bolster is worn. Battery was still connected and I found the key under the sun visor. No signs of life though so i presume the battery is dead.

Went and asked at reception what the deal was with it and the guy didnt know anything about it and said the cars out the front werent owned by the yard D: I have come to the conclusion that the police must use the area is a store for confiscated vehicles as they all had police written across the windscreen. I have however seen these cars move from that zone into the yard itself so i presume that is when the owners dont collect them then they go straight to scrap.

Id like to save it if possible but I guess Ill have to wait until the scrap yard knows more. Ill be back in on Saturday as I spotted this!

[Image: IMG_20130102_102205.jpg]

Mint leaf pattern half leathers. Immaculate drivers bolster! One fag burn on the passenger seat Sad Crystals too. Guy said I could have the interior and crystals for £72. Bit steep imo but Ill get it anyway so it doesnt go to waste. Give me a PM if youre interested!

Also mint boot lid, rear bumper etc.

So today I got:

Silver Dash (some bastard ruined it with a screwdriver but Ill fix it and respray)
Wing mirror Covers
Clock and Temp
Map Light surround and all lights and sensor etc.
Ecu cover and fuse box cover.

He wanted £20 so I paid £15 in the end which isnt as good as it used to be but oh well. Apparently they have a new pricing stratergy for 2013 as they found people were buying the parts off them and selling them on ebay. So this is meant to stop people doing that. But imo its going to put a lot of people off.

So to make myself feel less ripped off I got a 5 finger discount on:
Clear indicators
interior
Heater Panel Bulbs
interior screws
Top Mount covers.
Thanks given by:
:O your fingerprints are all over that now Sam! 5-0 drugs squad will be battering your door down tonight, have fun
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They're called Nautilus alloys iirc.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
(02-01-2013, 08:49 PM)Toby Wrote: They're called Nautilus alloys iirc.

sure are. Theres only one on ebay and its £100 for one alloy D: Ill get them if it does make its way into the yard and I cant buy the whole car!
Thanks given by:
ITS NOT JUST DRUG CARS THE police take

tjhey also can take ones that are being driven with out a license / insurance etc

and its the little triangular clock i need
Thanks given by:
Aren't the Silver/Blacks all D9's with the revised dash? If it is a D8 I might need the heater control panel, Blowers dont work in mine but I've not looked into sorting it yet.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Finally got a reply from the police. Bad times but oh well! When I left the yard last weekend they were putting a few more cars in so hopefully it will be in the next time i go so I can get the good bits off it!

Quote:Dear Mr Rowell,

Thank you for your e-mail in which you enquired about the possibility of purchasing a Peugeot 406 Coupe that you have sighted at ****.

This vehicle was seized by police under legislation that provides for disposal of the vehicle after a statutory period if not claimed by the registered keeper.

The system that is operated under contract with Vehicle Recovery Operators is that a threshold estimated value of vehicles that become eligible for disposal is set and that dictates that they are either crushed or sold by public auction. They cannot be sold-on by Recovery Operators to individual persons.

The particular vehicle that you refer is not in very good condition and whilst I appreciate that you state very few were made it does not meet the threshold value so disposal by crushing has been authorised.

I trust this explains the situation.

Regards,

Rob.Soames.
Vehicle Recovery Liaison Officer
Suffolk Constabulary
Marlesham Heath
Ipswich
IP5 3QS
Thanks given by:
Dude i know its a limited edition but really its not that special a car. If it had of been something where the standard edition is quite special as it is then maybe yes but its only a 406. This is why 306s get scrapped left right and centre no matter how good a condition. People just dont seem them as being a rare valuable car. The 205 only just got away with it because it was the first proper hot hatch (although most will say the golf gti was, i personally think the 205 raped the golf!)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeh I realise its nothing special but it was still a nice car which would have been easy to fix and could have been scrap value to buy!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Friday Christmas edition swampy 10 1,845 23-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough
  Rare 405 MI16 Le Mans Edition MY95 5 1,764 14-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Opie Oils Spring Competition to win Go Pro Hero 3+ Black Edition. oilman 5 1,313 03-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Niall