Won't rev past 2300, running on after switch off. Please help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won't rev past 2300, running on after switch off. Please help
Hi I've been suffering a few problems with my dturbo hdi, it would cut out under hard acceleration. Error code p0230 primary fuel circuit fault. I removed the lift pump and cleaned it out, problem still the same. Next port of call changed fuel pressure regulator (on the side of hp pump) with a used item from an r70 2.2hdi pump. Car ran fine for a day, come to the car this morning, car is underpowered will only rev to 2400rpm and will run on when switched off. My question is should the regulator move by hand. Is my used item faulty or hp pump fooked. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom
Thanks given by:
The regulator should be tightened into the pump. Mine is anyway

I'm not 100% but if the fpr was wrong I doubt it would even start, it could be faulty but air could of got in the fuel system if the regulator wasn't tightened up. Not from personal experience but the HP pumps seem to give up totally rather than create an issue

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
FPR is usually the cause of those kinda issues.

When you swapped it over did you clean it? Is it the same part number, and looks the same?

Maybe there is some loose dirt in the system too? Maybe worth doing a filter change... if they get clogged up they can run a bit funny too...

Can't think what else it'd be on the face of things at this stage... running on is usually FPR if combined with p0230 in my experience.

Dave
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure the R70 pump's FPR is a different part number from the standard R65 one. This combined with the fact your's sounds like it isn't tight could well be the issue here.

The fact that it isn't tightly fitted into the pump doesn't bode well though, as Aaron said, air will get in if it's not sealed properly.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replys, yes the part no is different but I was under the impression that the 2.0/2.2 uses the same regulator. It must not be an issue of the regulator being the wrong one as it ran fine for a day. Ill whip the regulator out again, give it a clean then report back. Thanks Tom
Thanks given by:
Check the condition of the rubber O ring seals on the regulator when you remove it mate, and make sure you remove them before cleaning it, especially if you use something aggressive!

Make sure it's nice and tight when you re-fit it too Wink
Thanks given by:
Well the problem seems to be cured, I removed the regulator again and to be honest I only nipped the two torx bolts up because they are made of cheese as everyone knows. Cleaned the regulator out with clutch cleaner and inspected the o-ring. The o-ring is not in the best condition but I don't have a spare. I refitted it and really tightened the bolts as much as I dare. Started up on the key and drove fine cleared the codes. Job done. Thanks for all the replies. Tom
Thanks given by:
The replacement O rings are available from Peugout mate, they're not cheap though. If they're not i the best of condition I'd recommend changing them.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage 2 and Above Owners (Past and Present) MY95 41 7,486 14-09-2014, 07:51 PM
Last Post: tb205gti
  306 hdi now starting normally but won't rev past 2500 any ideas ?? maguire1992 95 13,060 28-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Last Post: maguire1992
  306 hdi takes longer to start and won't rev past 2500? maguire1992 5 1,622 20-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb