Ever think someone/something has got it in for you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever think someone/something has got it in for you?
Mrs rang me friday saying the car had broke down so i went over to have a look she said the battery light came on and the steering went hard. Thought ok fan belt has gone... Easy enough, went and got one got back over and figured out how the belt should run only spanner i had that fitted the tensioner was 5/8 so pushed it back and finally got a torq bit in to lock it off then noticed the alternator pulley... Or lack of:
[Image: aju5a4u4.jpg]

So got my mate to flatbed it to me moms and tookthe alternator off managed to get the other bit of the pulley off and went round the yards looking for alternators but no-one had one so decided to try source a pulley one factor said they could get on in on there delivery they will ring me when its in. £35

40 mins later got a call and it wasn't put on the van and they cant get it till monday but mrs needs it for work so then got hold of another factors and they said they had one in their branch the other side of town so decided id grab it in the morning £60
Relucatantly went on got it and fitted it dropped the alternator on and the pulley wasn't in line so its the wrong one F***ing brilliant, and because of the stupid one way clutch type system in it ive had to try and grip the middle to get it off and theres no way to have got it off without marking it so now it cant be returned and without seeing the original pulley there was no way of telling if it was the right one prior to fitting it.

O and to top it off the torx bit holding the tensioner snapped so now iv gotta take the tensoiner off to try n get it out so no still no car for the mrs in the morning so i need to hope the original factors have got the correct pulley in so i can grab it tomorrow the joys of french pieces of S***!

My car has also developed another knock im hoping its just a drop link but havent had chance to look at it but definately something amiss.

O and if your mrs is in the car ranting and raving at you blaming the car breaking on being your fault, if its been rainging for the past 2-3 days find your nearest island 2nd gear full lock and floor it, she soon shuts up when the arse end goes to over take the front Smile

Rant over..... For now
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
If you look at any of my threads where I have either driven or been repairing one of my cars you will notice a pattern emerge. A pattern so horrifically disturbing that bricks shall be shat for weeks...Yes, all of my cars have hated me if it hasn't injured me in some way it will have died in a horrific way, my cherry 306 for instance which decided to throw up engine internals...Wouldn't of been so bad if it was on boost but I had literally just come out of a parking space.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Meh, Rallye, Christmas meet. Conrods, oil, sump shrapnel, coolant, most of the internals shat everywhere.

Your not the only one mate
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
It's a 306, what were you expecting!? Confused

But yes I know someone has it in for me lol, reminded constantly....
Thanks given by:
This was the c5 that shat its alternator pulley and seen as the quicksilver is off the road due to a log book dispute she has no car at the min and she aint driving smokey she'd write it off, should been a simple fanbelt replacment not all this faffing grrrrrrrrrr
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
its still french.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by: