Boost Gauge Wiring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost Gauge Wiring
Got a Boost Gauge for my DTub today, just a bit confused with the three wires.
Black wire, negative - done.
Orange wire, 12v lighting - unsure about where to put this one.
Red wire, 12v ignition switch - again, unsure where to put this one.
Sorry for sounding thick, just don't want to get it wrong Smile
Any help would be great, thanks.
Thanks given by:
Not sure why you have 2. I presume its a digitial gauge if its got an ignition wire? Ive just got in from fitting mine. The headlight adjuster has the wires you need. There is a red which is 12V+ when sidelights are on and a green/yellow earth.

[Image: IMG_20121229_142055.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The orange is so it knows when you put your lights on and it can adjust the brightness of the gauge accordingly.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2012, 05:19 PM)Tom Wrote: The orange is so it knows when you put your lights on and it can adjust the brightness of the gauge accordingly.

and by the gauge you mean the little light in the headlight adjustment panel?
Thanks given by:
No i dont think so... Might need you to clarify what you mean there haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
12v ignition on is for ye gauge, must be a digital one. Sam the switched 12v is to illuminate the gaug when your headlights are on...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 02:13 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: 12v ignition on is for ye gauge, must be a digital one. Sam the switched 12v is to illuminate the gaug when your headlights are on...

Yeah thats what i ment, some gauges change to a colour easier on the eyes in the dark and some just dim a bit. Im sure really expensive ones do other cool things aswell.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 02:13 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: 12v ignition on is for ye gauge, must be a digital one. Sam the switched 12v is to illuminate the gaug when your headlights are on...

ah yeh. Must have misunderstood something. Yeh mech ftw!
Thanks given by:
If you have a 3 door you have a redundant plug on the same panel posted above. Where that car in question has a button to prevent the rear electric windows from working, you still have the wiring. Since that button is designed to illuminate with the rest of the dashboard, you should find all the wires you need there.

That's what I did anyway. If you have a 5-door or an estate then...ha! Unlucky.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with boost gauge Ryan'dolan 10 2,992 11-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Slam Wagon
  Wiring for boost gauge philpemberton94 2 1,303 09-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Last Post: philpemberton94
  Oil pressure gauge wiring?! help Tom 8 1,975 22-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Tom