Turbo timer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo timer.
(28-12-2012, 10:30 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Thing is, id never trust it 100% so id have to wait for it to shut down anyway, so may as well just wait and turn it off urself Tongue

This! Why go to the hassle of buying and fitting something when you could just wait for a few minutes?
Thanks given by:
Because people are impatient.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'm very impatient, but for the sake of waiting a couple of minutes I'd rather do that than pay 25 quid and waste time and effort fitting something that does exactly that. :/

But when I actually owned a quick car I'd just cruise the last few miles anyway, saves waiting when you get there, and more importantly for me doesn't waste fuel idling lol. Smile
Thanks given by:
Car cools down alot quicker if u lift off 5 mins before ur home than it will sitting stationary waiting.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
And it means you're parking it with the handbrake off.... IN A 306 WITH THE WORLDS WORST HANDBRAKE.

School boy error No.1 right there.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Wait.. what?

You mean parking it out of gear with the world's worst handbrake? I've practically given up on my handbrake. I just make sure it's ok for MOT time, it's useless any other time lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2012, 11:33 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Wait.. what?

You mean parking it out of gear with the world's worst handbrake? I've practically given up on my handbrake. I just make sure it's ok for MOT time, it's useless any other time lol

Is it bad that ive adopted this style with other cars? If i park the skoda on even the slightest of hills, it stays in gear in fear that it wont be there when i get back lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I looked out the window at my old house one day and had a proper "OMG someone's stolen my car" moment and ran outside.. and found it parked perfectly at the bottom of the hill. Right at the junction.

Upon investigation I found the handbrake really was shite and it must have slowly rolled down the hill to a stop where it levelled out. Thank god for steering lock and quiet villages, it just happily rolled in a straight line and came to a stop almost as if i'd left it there on purpose lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got rear discs now...my old drums were epic...but spent much time on the handbrake setup and got it good...but just feels bad when 3 clicks on drums would hold on a huge hill and now its 6/7!!

PS back on topic....you look like a right muppet too with turbo timers and it will get old very quickly when people are telling you that you've left your engine runnin!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: