The Derv Mafia Does Farming!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Derv Mafia Does Farming!
So Ruan James and Dave are down here for xmas and new year, so thought id best make use of them while there here...so spend the day working on a tractor project, didnt finish till 10pm, but always usefull to have multiple extra pair of hands, quite literally at times where i noted there was 4 people, in the cab at the same time! lol! But more seriously, very important when trying to lift a pair of studily heavy brackets in place and bolting them up!

Despite not having any intentions to touch the cars, during this, Ruans GTI6 somehow managed to require a full coolant bleed after running the headlights for a few minutes and overheating / airlocking the heatermatrix lol! So good old french reliability got itself involved even at the best of times!

But anyways got her done (few last minute "tempory bodges" but nothing some parts next week wont sort out) so big thanks to them and Chris for the help, as id have seriously struggled by myself with the crane!

A few photos of the on goings.

Dave feeling at home...:

[Image: IMAG0002.jpg]

Chris adding some light to the situation:

[Image: IMAG0004.jpg]

The GTI6 attempting to help, albeit resulting in more fail (typical ***ing petrol!!! Smile ) :

[Image: IMAG0005.jpg]

5 cars in the shed despite none of them needing any work...typical...:

[Image: IMAG0007.jpg]

Yes, thats 4 people in one cab, fighting with a stupid bolt!

[Image: IMAG0011.jpg]

The end result:

[Image: IMAG0015.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0016.jpg]

For people wondering what we did, we took the loader off one tractor, and put it on another, sounds simple, but involves moving all the hydrolic stuff over, spool block over, joystick over, loader brackets, blah blah, and lots of issues along the way being different tractors! But good laugh overall!

Thanks again for the help, you know who you are Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Blimey, i'd have expected another 3 blowers bolted on in that timescale, especially with 4 of you at it!

I am disappoint.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
epic work! Definitely expected something turbo related though!
Thanks given by:
No turbos, no super chargers, no twin engine 8 wheel drive monster - gutted Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cornish mafia thebluepearl 23 3,414 05-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  Derv mafia.. Anyone up for a challenge? Seb_Ryan 9 3,318 13-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Last Post: tigerstyle