[Help] Moving to England

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] Moving to England
lol @ teacher bashing. tbh, if you go into teaching for the money, all your getting is a fast lane to a room with rubber wallpaper...

I don't do careers, but I do tell anyone who'll listen to go be a plumber or electrician. uni isnt a golden ticket, you should only go if you are really interested ina subject or are aiming at a career that needs a degree.
Thanks given by:
Not sure what the teachers at my school did, they didn't give enough guidance tbh! I left school not having a fecking clue what I wanted to do. Still don't if I'm honest. I did get plenty of GCSEs, but a few letters on a peice of paper mean sod all in the real world, just means I knew the answers to a few questons on the dayof the tests, they just seemed to be the means into a college course tbh - which was free to do and thought 'why not'. Turned out I found electrics really boring, but carried it on and even distinctioned the course. When I could drive I started joining forums and teaching myself a bit about cars and decided to try that instead as I had another 2 years of college free. I did much prefer that, and will probably go into something like that, but I can't imagine doing that for my entire working life tbh. I still dont know what to do really, wish I'd been pushed into something or atleast given a lot more guidance from school. Ah well, it's passed now anyway, not much point moaning about something that cant be changed. Smile

I know I'm in a different situation to almost everyone else on here now. But the 'mates' that I had in school and college are mainly at Uni now...and do seem to have a hell of a lot more fun than me, just judging by facebook statuses/pics though.
Thanks given by:
tom a lot of uni students do go out and get pissed a lot of nights (if thats your idea of fun) but its quite annoying when you get the students that go to uni for the sake of it just because their friends do which obviously costs the tax payer and we all know how skint we are (albeit no where near as bad as a lot of countries in the EU) so we should be cutting back on unnecessary things first - e.g. uni students that go for the experience and thats it.
Schools dont really push you in any sort of direction and i think thats why alot of people go to uni. they dont know what they want to do so just go and waste 3 years so it looks like they are doing something.

Either way, i agree with kezzie. People moan about this country a lot but its not that bad. Move to most other countries in the EU and its substantially worse. Problem is the Labour government decided it would be a bright idea to tell everyone that they can all go to uni when thats wrong. If you require a uni education for your line of work, go for it but a lot of trades don't and you can quite happily get into them via apprenticeships and even starting at the bottom and working your way up. Unfortunately a lot of people seem to think they are too good to start at the bottom because they have a few bits of paper and thats why you get so many people who say 'oh this countries shit. Ive been applying for jobs for years and never got an interview'. Maybe because your punching above your belt. Thanks to the labour party, there is loads of people with degrees so your degree means f*ck all when you go for a job interview because no matter how good you think you are, there will be someone out there with the same degree if better, and a hell of a lot more experience!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the answers! I dont pretend go to the uni, and I have the 12º year with a professional course of computer technician at a vocational school.

(26-12-2012, 08:17 AM)Scott Wrote: How long were you in England for? Where did you go? I wouldn't want to commit to a decision like that without having spent at least a year in another country, to make sure that it's the right thing for you.

I have been in England about a day and a half (lol). I know it was very little time, but I really liked what I saw. I've been in Yeadon, Leeds and London too. Coming to England was a dream, and yet live longer, always like your culture, homes, regions, etc.

(26-12-2012, 10:03 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: But Steve I think what the guy meant was he wants a job sorted before he moves if possible...

Exactly, thanks

(26-12-2012, 12:12 PM)the milkman Wrote: Did you have anywhere in mind you wanted to go city/town wise

No, that's why I created this thread, ask for help and ideas.

Australia its in my mind too, but I have known more people in England than in Australia, that's why I want England, but.. Australia is not out of mind.

Thanks guys. Smile
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
Weston-super-Mare is the place to be Wink

So many 306's and a huge cruise scene.
Thanks given by:
[/quote]
I have been in England about a day and a half (lol). I know it was very little time, but I really liked what I saw. I've been in Yeadon, Leeds and London too. Coming to England was a dream, and yet live longer, always like your culture, homes, regions, etc.
[quote='Ed Doe' pid='183971' dateline='1356516184']

here up north were steve say some of them stink lol. it is not the best of places. rooms ye you could get one for £50 p/w but finding a job is going to be hard. maybe easier if you know some one in england come over stay a month or so and see how you feel with it. no point in moving over here because in a years time you may not like it or you will love it. what job are you doing now?.

edit: 1.4 you got in portugal? it has to be transformed to xud Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
yup, its a drunk ahah but no, don't like diesel, more quickly put lpg on it xD

for now I'm doing nothing, but I have worked in cnc milling (3 months, first job but I dont have adapted), computer technician (school internship (2 months + 1 month) and in a factory of pastry and bakery (1 month, holidays)
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
you dont like diesel that is no good. when you over you will have to go out in a tuned xud Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
nop. lpg is the way xD

the only diesel i would buy is a bmw e36 318tds :b
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
we shall see Smile.
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Go to Holland/Sweden that's where i'd like to be, austerity has f*cked this country for at least another 5 years let alone the long lasting social effects which will probably take generations to sort out.

(26-12-2012, 12:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: All the unskilled jobs are under payed as we have no immigration laws and as such half of Europe is over here working and sending money home

I'm confuzzed, how does underpaid jobs have anything to do with immigration laws and sending money home?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2012, 12:15 AM)Seid Wrote: the only diesel i would buy is a bmw e36 318tds :b
The 318TDS is rubbish, you have to push it harder so the MPG is barely different to the 325TDS which is awesome but needs a mechanical pump.

(28-12-2012, 01:13 AM)lewisdmz Wrote:
(26-12-2012, 12:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: All the unskilled jobs are under payed as we have no immigration laws and as such half of Europe is over here working and sending money home

I'm confuzzed, how does underpaid jobs have anything to do with immigration laws and sending money home?

You might not of noticed but the vast majority of low paid and unskilled jobs are filled by migrants all the laboring and cleaning and that type of work and TBH who can blame them as it pays substantially better over here than it does in their home country.

Alot of these people only plan to stay in England for a few years and save up enough money to be able to get a nice house or retire when they get back to their own country. This takes money out of our economy.

Ive gotta be honest I can see both sides of the immigration argument, alot of people will say that alot of the Eastern European migrants work far harder than British person would. The Polish blokes who did our wood floor were amazing. We were told it would be a 2 day job by the company but the 2 of them turned up, worked solidly for 10 hours and did it in 1 day and I know alot of people have similar experiences.

That said I f*cking hate parts of town where it is very obvious that Im the only white person, where people stop and stare at you cos your white, where people talk about you in their own language and you have no idea what theyer saying. Ive got a mate and her local shop refuse to speak to her cos she is white/female dont know why but they just ignore her existence and carry on talking in their own language.
Thanks given by:
I hope to migrate to the middle east when im about 25. Egypt in particular.

Western countries are really losing it now tbh :S, and weather isnt on our side either.

Dem arab countries give petrol and diesel for under 10p a litre.
*Drives on boost all day everyday*
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2012, 03:33 PM)RePT Wrote: I hope to migrate to the middle east when im about 25. Egypt in particular.

Western countries are really losing it now tbh :S, and weather isnt on our side either.

Dem arab countries give petrol and diesel for under 10p a litre.
*Drives on boost all day everyday*

I'd leave it a little while mate, Egypt is pretty f*cked at the moment!! My missus is half Egyptian so I get regular news updates, but this new government is on pretty shaky ground.

I don't fancy the middle east, I very much enjoy having a secular government to be honest, maybe the Arab spring will afford them some freedom from the ridiculous oppression, but until then it's all about Scandinavia!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2012, 03:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

You might not of noticed but the vast majority of low paid and unskilled jobs are filled by migrants all the laboring and cleaning and that type of work and TBH who can blame them as it pays substantially better over here than it does in their home country.

Companies are always going to pay the absolute minimum they can, that's capitalism for you. Don't hate the players (immigrants trying to get on) hate the game (govt, low minimum wage laws etc).
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2012, 06:22 PM)lewisdmz Wrote:
(28-12-2012, 03:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Companies are always going to pay the absolute minimum they can, that's capitalism for you. Don't hate the players (immigrants trying to get on) hate the game (govt, low minimum wage laws etc).

Low minimum wage laws? We have a very very good minimum wage in comparison to most european countries. This is why people like the polish come over. they can do the same work they do at home for substantially more money. Problem is, we let too many foreigners in and allow them to send all the money they earn home thus raping our economy of the money that a british person would of spent over here if they had been in that job. If we started to cut right down on the immigrants we let in, things would pick up but of course we cant stop them all coming in for no reason because thanks to the labour government, we are part of this fantastic invention called the EU!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall, thats what i was trying to say.

Lewis, did you not notice the bit where i wrote "TBH who can blame them"
Thanks given by:
Well, tomorrow I will talk with a friend of my mom to see what I can do to go to England. He has been in england to work in a hotel and he will give me some contacts to see if I can find something. Smile
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving fag charger location Mac22 7 1,701 24-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Mac22
  House moving cost cpikey316_ 22 4,730 30-07-2016, 06:20 AM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  Maybe moving.... to Stroud! Anyone local? cpikey316_ 5 3,336 29-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_