Bad shacking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad shacking
Hi been out in my car today and all gd but on way home it's started shacking really bad under load and the gear knob is shacking back and forth bad with it and u cant get above 40 because of this shack any one got any ideas I'm thought maybe drive shafts or something gear box related and thoughts to try and narrow it down thanks
Thanks given by:
Bottom engine mount f*cked?

Thanks given by:
Cheers mate ill check it out Boxing Day
Thanks given by:
Engine mount, wheel balancing, drive shafts, could be a number of things tbh
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Did you mean shake?..

Just read all of that saying shack and it sounded strange.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
When my silver one did that it was because I didn't put the sleeve back on the gearbox mount
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 10:51 PM)Tom Wrote: Did you mean shake?..

Just read all of that saying shack and it sounded strange.

+1 haha
Thanks given by:
take the top engine mount out and see if its cracked, this happened me before,you cant tell by leverage on the mount(in my experience) just take the mount out,

my mount came out with part of the chassis led attached

i experienced violent shaking in the car,gear stick hoping out of it ,along with the dash etc.
Thanks given by:
Great help and bottom mount seems to be fine no movement or anything like that but gave the engine a gd shake and seemed like the gear box mount so changed that today and it did look f**cked and the shacking is not bad anymore it's bearable now up to speed and under load so tomoz might change top mount c wat happens otherwise I'm stuck
Thanks given by:
id say its top mount related!!!
Thanks given by:
Someone told me top mount ill check it out but after changeling gear box mount its loooooooads better but still there
Thanks given by: